2001 Toyota RAV4 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RAV4 model:
Fun & Sporty
By rktect on 07/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Toyota RAV4 SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I own two RAV4s and I have yet to have any problems with them. The "L" series is very fun to drive and it's handling is pretty good for a 4 cylinder. I have yet to get trapped in the 2+ feet of snow in the winter time. All the interior features are very easy to operate and are all in hands reach. This SUV gets two thimbs up!!

I love my Rav!!!!
By kmark on 07/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Toyota RAV4 SUV 2WD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I traded in a 2001 Dodge Ram Ext. Cab Half-ton for my Rav4. I wanted an automobile that was different, fun, and econioical! I hit the jackpot with my Rav4. I average 30 miles to the gallon. I save over $100 per month in gas, from what I was paying with my Dodge. The Rav4 fits my family of four very comfortable, and the cargo space is very well designed. It is so much fun to drive!

i like my rav
By kaat51 on 05/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Toyota RAV4 SUV 2WD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

i have always liked the style of the rav 4. even more so when the 2001's came out. i too agree that they need a little more power and a little less outside noise inside. the only problem i have had was kind of unusual in so far as my headlights would go out for no apparent reason and then come back on. they fixed a switch the first time but it continued to happen and they never could find out why or duplicate the incident. eventually it stopped totally for whatever reason and has not happened since. explanation???? beats me!! overall i like my rav and to me you can't beat the exterior styling,very sporty.

the best
By cepi on 05/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Toyota RAV4 SUV 2WD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I love this car, already put 45000 miles and runs excellent,feels very firm.No problems at all, i previously owned a ml320 mercedez 2000 and is nothing better than my toyota,I have a friend who owns a 1998 rav4 with 256000 miles and he is very very happy an ready to put more miles. Not bad for a 4 cylinders car don't you think?

02 RAV - Great Car and Great Value
By rickrossrr on 04/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Toyota RAV4 SUV 2WD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

We have 2 RAV 4's, a 1999 and a 2001. We enjoy both but the 2001 was significantly improved over the 99. The new body style was our favorite change.

Everything I was hoping for...
By Erik on 04/10/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Toyota RAV4 SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I love this car. Truck. Cluck. It is a touch underpowered at 4 cylinders, but that would have been my choice anyway. Toyota should really offer a six. This is my first experience with AWD. I won't go back. It handles the snow here in the Northeast very well. I still, two years later, think this is a snazzy looking car. If you are on the fence, you won't do better than this one.

RAV4 Headaches
By ChadA9 on 04/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Toyota RAV4 SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have had this vehicle for two years, It's been in the shop on average every two to three months. They have looked at the brake system four times and replaced the back brake drum once. It still has problems. The interior rattles. It's been in the shop several times to fix those. In May of 02' the cadillic converter went out. Toyota had it for over a month (Could not get parts). This is my first Toyota and most-likely my last. These are the types of problems I would expect on a 5 year old American made car not Toyota!!!

First Toyota...........was a Honda man
By JulianOfAlabama on 03/16/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Toyota RAV4 SUV 2WD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I went to purchase a Honda, Accord...but the new RAV4 body style caugth my attention. This may be my first Toyota....but we have had Fun together......what a great ride'n auto. Just enough room for me and my bike...a few friends...love the road trips...May I point out the great gas milage! After several Honda, Accords all with 150,000 or 300,000 this is a JOY, hope to get the same for the Toyota!

Love it
By Snraek on 03/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Toyota RAV4 SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Love it. We were prepared to buy another product until we happened across the re- designed RAV 2001. Great in the snow.

Is it really an SUV?
By Jeffrey R. Broido on 03/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Toyota RAV4 SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is a great car, plain and simple. It's not really an SUV, having been built on a Camry- not a truck chassis. The center of gravity is low, the car is wider and shorter than a sedan, it's a cinch to park, has a great turning radius and, best of all, handles more like a sports car than a Jeep. It's a bit under-powered and gets minimally acceptable fuel mileage, but we live with it. A great vehicle all around, especially with the rear seats removed to yield a cavernous cargo area.