2001 Toyota RAV4 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RAV4 model:
Good little SUV
By Alex J on 01/25/06 22:43 PM (PST)

2001 Toyota RAV4 SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The Rav4 is a comfortable little SUV. It is not the most powerfull, but it gets great MPG (When driven nicely). Seats are nice and supportive, and the silver/metal looking plastic looks upscale, even if your not sure what it exacly is. The AWD is nice and is needed in the rockies.

It's All That!
By Sheridan McDaniel on 01/09/06 09:49 AM (PST)

2001 Toyota RAV4 SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This SUV has class and quality I've never experienced. The four years plus of owning this vehicle, the only issue I've ever had with it is taking it in for its required maintenance. I don't think I can ever get a better quality and more affortable vehicle unless it's a Toyota. The only reason I am departing from it is that I need more room due to medical issues, which leads me to the new 2006 that has more room. I haven't checked it out yet but if the driver seat gives me more room, then Toyota has won me over again. I will never purchase another motor vehicle outside of Toyota. I hate having to give my SUV up, but I feel like I am getting a big promotion to what Toyota has to offer me next.

The Rav4 that goes and goes
By Sean on 10/20/05 08:14 AM (PDT)

2001 Toyota RAV4 SUV 2WD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I'm an onsite computer tech. I average 225 miles per day in this Rav4, I bought it with 51k on it now has 150k on it only prob I've ever had was the cat converter. It has been a great car, most reliable car I've ever owned and in my line of work that means money. Great on gas, great on getting me to the client and home again, and fun to drive.

Great, fun car to drive!
By Isela on 10/18/05 00:32 AM (PDT)

2001 Toyota RAV4 SUV 2WD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I've had my Rav 4 for almost 5 years. I'm about to go over the 100K mile mark and it's been doing great. The only downside is that the 2001 model has something wrong with the Oxygen sensor software. I had it fail on me around 65K miles and again at about 82K. It was covered under warranty both times and is around an $80 fix for the next time it comes down the line. Not really a big problem, but it makes the check engine light go off.

2001 RAV4
By Jack T. Sauerland on 10/16/05 19:25 PM (PDT)

2001 Toyota RAV4 SUV 2WD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Great little car. I enjoy driving it and it is easy to enter and exit. Good power and acceleration while getting good gas mileage (about 21.5 mpg).

First owned car!
By Evan "Rudy" on 07/21/05 01:37 AM (PDT)

2001 Toyota RAV4 SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

We bought our silver, 5-speed, L series beauty-of-a-car on Mother's Day of this year. So far we ABSOLUTLY love it! We got it with 70,311 miles and it drives like brand new! and it has 73,423 miles (as of 7/20/05) now. We haven't actually tried the AWD the way it was built yet, but some friends of ours that have one says that "it drives as if there weren't any snow" do I'm anxious to try it out! I've notice a hair-line crack where the plastic aluminum on the driver's door handle is. The sound is --okay. Over all I'd give the car... well let's just say that I'm gonna be buying another one someday! :) It's a BIG step up from 2000's model, it looks sexy!

NIce little SUV for the city
By Jay on 07/12/05 02:06 AM (PDT)

2001 Toyota RAV4 SUV 2WD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is a car/SUV that seems to do exactly what's intended for it. Design in and out are very sporty. I have the leather/sunroof package so it is essentially loaded with options. One option I did not get (and wouldn't) is AWD. There is simply not enough power from the engine to support the extra weight this option adds, and let's be realistic: how often is one really going to NEED AWD? I live in the Seattle area and travel to the mountains quite a bit - ground clearance is high enough to navigate pothole ridden forest service roads, and being from the midwest, I can manage driving in the snow without AWD. Gas milage for an SUV is pretty good as well - 22mpg city, and 30mpg highway.

Can't Say Enough
By DPH on 06/08/05 15:08 PM (PDT)

2001 Toyota RAV4 SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This has been just a great little car - I still have fun driving it. Even on trips it has provided plenty of comfort, partly because there is so much leg and head room. I can't complain that it lacks power; what would one expect from a 4-cylinder SUV? Snow and up-hill driveway is an issue where we live, and with studded snow tires, this is a little army tank!

Rav4
By sam on 04/04/05 14:16 PM (PDT)

2001 Toyota RAV4 SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This car will never break down. Extremely reliable. It's a fun car with nice exterior stylings. Decent capacity inside for cargo or passengers.

My First Car I Bought On My Own
By Diana on 12/05/04 22:02 PM (PST)

2001 Toyota RAV4 SUV 4WD 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

What a fun car to drive! I have always been a fan of the manual transmission, ever since learning to drive on the Rambler with 3 on the "tree". Guess manuals are a dying breed. I was so lucky to get the 5speed in the gold color I wanted. Yes, I have the dash rattle, but it is very infrequent. Besides I always have the radio on so it's not really a problem.