2000 Toyota RAV4 Consumer Review: 200,000 mi still going in 2013

2000 Toyota RAV4 - Consumer Review

Base 4dr SUV (2.0L 4-cyl. AWD 5-speed Manual)

200,000 mi still going in 2013!
By japanforever on

2000 Toyota RAV4 4dr SUV AWD

Well it's auto transmission but this website didn't give me that option to choose. Purchased new in 2000 - now it's 2013. Has never broken down on road, has never had muffler or any other repairs such as transmission or engine work etc. Only regular stuff that has to be changed out every so many miles. No body rust and I live in Michigan with harsh winters and high humidity! They just don't make 'em like they used to. And as far as Toyota making 'em in other countries (incl. the US) I say forget about it. Buy only 100% Japan and you'll have a dependable car for over 13 years.

Style, style, style! Body is great to just look at! Standard cruise control was helpful when I drove over 2,000 miles in one trip! The steering wheel is comfortable, the seats comfortable. But the best part I love the most is being able to fold the front and rear seats down so I can transport very long items that reach from dashboard to rear tailgate.