2000 Toyota RAV4 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RAV4 model:
This little car is a beast
By yotajeepguy33 on 06/07/13 13:30 PM (PDT)

2000 Toyota RAV4 SUV 4dr SUV AWD

This car has been my everything from hauling hockey gear back and fourth to being a teenagers rally car, to hauling a 2500 pound trailer full of furniture when i moved it pulled it over mountain passes and through cities and on the interstate and never even put up a fit. my parents bought it with 60,000 miles and now it has over 231,000 and 100,000 put on by a teenage male with a very heavy foot. I have done things with this car that would make normal people cringe. and it still starts first time every time. you think that after so many hard miles the little car would be putting up a fight, No Sir it like thank you may I have another she still ticking away.

200,000 mi still going in 2013!
By japanforever on 05/21/13 13:11 PM (PDT)

2000 Toyota RAV4 SUV 4dr SUV AWD

Well it's auto transmission but this website didn't give me that option to choose. Purchased new in 2000 - now it's 2013. Has never broken down on road, has never had muffler or any other repairs such as transmission or engine work etc. Only regular stuff that has to be changed out every so many miles. No body rust and I live in Michigan with harsh winters and high humidity! They just don't make 'em like they used to. And as far as Toyota making 'em in other countries (incl. the US) I say forget about it. Buy only 100% Japan and you'll have a dependable car for over 13 years.

Great SUV!!!
By crashondown on 11/10/12 21:14 PM (PST)

2000 Toyota RAV4 SUV 4dr SUV AWD

Just bought my 2000 Toyota Rav4 (I know it is a little old) it had 87,000 miles on it when I bought it and wanted something that is good on gas and I could carry my kids in (truck was a gas gussler). This little car so far has given me no trouble. I hit a deer driving down the interstate the other night and dented up the front quarter panel and tore off a piece of the back bumper. Much to my suprise the little guy took it like a champ no mechanical issues and didnt really mess it up all that bad. Meeting with the Inurance guy on Monday to see about getting her fixed up. Like I said the only thing bad that happedned was some minor cosmetic issues. This little guy is a mini Sherman Tank lol.

Greatest "car" I have ever owned!
By jefe76 on 07/10/12 03:41 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota RAV4 SUV 4dr SUV AWD

I am writing this review as I await the salvage yard to take my dear RAV4 away from me after five great years of service following a REC. The number one thing to recommend this car to any potential buyers on the used market is that I drove this car on several camping trips ranging from Georgia to Rhode Island and never had a problem or worried that I may encounter one. I honestly believe this car was the best city car ever made. Its ability to maneuver through Philly while surviving the rigors of neglected streets was astounding. The two problems that I had with the car were this: 1.-The engine is incredibly weak, even with a manual transmission. 2.-No room for adults in the back seat.

Thanks Toyota for the fun reliable ride
By Brandon on 03/14/07 13:19 PM (PDT)

2000 Toyota RAV4 SUV 4dr SUV AWD

Finally I own an SUV that does what is supposed to do - drive. I have had this RAV4 now for 2 years after purchasing it with quite a few miles already on it. I cannot tell enough how great it is to go out to my car everyday and not worry about getting where I need to go. I now travel safely and comfortably. On top of that its been the best car singing environment yet. The only thing I would change would be an automatic overdrive. I always forget it is engaged after I get off the highway. JMHO Cheers

Love My Rav4!
By Dagwood55 on 07/12/06 06:15 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota RAV4 SUV L Special Edition 4dr SUV

Bought used with 75K miles, now at 87K. No problems. Solid, dependable, reliable, fun to drive. Looks, drives and sounds like it's still brand new. Interior looks like new. No squeaks or rattles. Easy to park. Has lively acceleration, still gets 30 mpg on hwy, 24-25 around town. Considered AWD but went with FWD and automatic and this car is GREAT on snow (Firestone tires). Love it so much, we bought another!

Outstanding Vehicle
By kefla22 on 06/22/05 22:17 PM (PDT)

2000 Toyota RAV4 SUV 4dr SUV

We have had our Rav4 for over 3 years. Never needed any service, besides regular maintenance. It would have been nice if Toyota put an extra 1 to 2 feet in length as the back seat hardly has any legroom. We drove across country to San Diego, was there for 6 months and drove back and it performed perfect. If you don't need a lot of room, buy this vehicle. Reliability - Committment to excellence

Toyota RAV4 L
By Jonni928 on 05/25/05 21:12 PM (PDT)

2000 Toyota RAV4 SUV L Special Edition 4dr SUV AWD

An overall wonderful small SUV. The build quality is rock solid. My experience with reliability has been excellent, I have never owned a vehicle so reliable. The engine and transmission work wonderfully, and the engine is suprisingly powerful for a 2.0 L.

Still Great After All These Years
By jp582 on 10/02/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota RAV4 SUV 4dr SUV

I bought this RAV just about 5 years ago and have yet to experience one mechanical problem. Exterior is solid and interior has also held up well. Gets decent gas mileage for a little SUV (both city and highway) and I have taken it on long road trips without a problem. Lacks power on mountainous roads and hills, though and I have had it floored to keep up with the Speed Limit in the Blue Ridge Mountains. Great quality overall!

Small, but Big and Peppy Rav4
By SaraJane on 09/03/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Toyota RAV4 SUV 4dr SUV

I have had my RAV 4 for 4 years, and it has NEVER needed any service(other than typical maintance and has been one of the most reliable cars I have owned. It is comfortable, other than the small back seat(not too great for adults),and has alot of cargo room. It also has alot of pep(I have a 5 speed), as much as any sports car I have owned in the past. Great car!!!!