Used 2000 Toyota RAV4 L Special Edition Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific RAV4 model:

Love My Rav4!
By Dagwood55

2000 Toyota RAV4 L Special Edition 4dr SUV

Bought used with 75K miles, now at 87K. No problems. Solid, dependable, reliable, fun to drive. Looks, drives and sounds like it's still brand new. Interior looks like new. No squeaks or rattles. Easy to park. Has lively acceleration, still gets 30 mpg on hwy, 24-25 around town. Considered AWD but went with FWD and automatic and this car is GREAT on snow (Firestone tires). Love it so much, we bought another!

Favorite Features

Visibility, driver seating position, reliability. Good looks. FWD has excellent performance in snow. Unbelievably easy to park, small size helps it fit anywhere.

Suggested Improvements

The center console in the "L" model is a little wobbly and the cupholders are awkward when using larger cups (12-16oz, no problem).

Couldn't be Happier
By Tom & Lois

2000 Toyota RAV4 L Special Edition 4dr SUV

We watched Rav from day-one. In 2000, my husband surprised me for my B-day with a RAV4L (ltd edition). I love the large windows & almost no blind spots; I sit up high enough for a birdseye view without needing a ladder to get in! I love the smaller steering wheel and it turns on a dime; park it anywhere. The mileage can't be beat for highway road trips; city isn't bad either. Seats are formed & back- supporting. Everything is at your fingertips. It's a dream to drive. I love my RAV4L, can you tell? Get metallic green!

Favorite Features

Lg. Windows, Easy to read dashboard, Comfy back-supporting seats, Foot rest for left-foot, Perfect height on the road, Side-opening tailgate(!), & Ltd Edition has two hanging-slide off shoulder bags ... oh-so-handy, really adjustable headrests and great sounding stereo system

Suggested Improvements

Overhead drop-holder for sunglasses; taller/deeper between the seats compartment; deeper & larger-around cup holders; Sunvisors w/hidden pull-down sunscreen 3-5" long (also center-edge sunscreen extenders); sturdy holder for a pen/pencil; angled phone holder

love em
By mommamel

2000 Toyota RAV4 L Special Edition 4dr SUV

fun,sporty,but still big enough for the family

Favorite Features

trunk its easy on the back you just set your food in there and its got more space in case u r getting something big

Suggested Improvements

could have better stero system but that is easily fixed

Good car but needs more power
By Lioness

2000 Toyota RAV4 L Special Edition 4dr SUV

This car is alot of fun to drive. I like the fact that it is still small enough to be like a car yet higher up so that I can see more around me.

Favorite Features

Instruments are placed in easy to access area of the dashboard. Lots of windows so that viewability is very good.

Suggested Improvements

Move the trip odometer to more accessible place. Increase the horsepower to 175 and the ability to go up hills without so much engine noise. Make some of the options standard similar to those offered by other car manufacturers.

Wife's Choice, Not a Man's Car
By Rudy2000

2000 Toyota RAV4 L Special Edition 4dr SUV

Great Toyota reliability, excellent build quality. A bit under powered, but OK for daily commute. Great gas mileage.

Favorite Features

Power Moonroof, CD Player

Suggested Improvements

More power, better stereo.