1999 Toyota RAV4 Consumer Review: Rav4 303,000 miles

1999 Toyota RAV4 - Consumer Review

Rav4 303,000 miles
By Cat L. on

1999 Toyota RAV4 Special Edition 4dr SUV AWD

I love my Rav4. I have to say I prayed over the car too and that helped. My Rav4 has 303,000 miles on it. I had it checked recently at Superior Toyota in Birmingham. I wanted it checked out and felt like apologizing for my mileage. The owner of the company said "It's a Toyota; that's what they do." It means so much to drive a car for years after paying it off. Besides regular things like brakes, tires, and oil, that you'd have to do for any car, I've only had one thing fixed;that was a timing belt, after it had 268,000 miles on it. I will definitely buy another Toyota Rav4 one day. My finance teacher said to keep a car until you no longer trust it. I still trust it.

I love the way it drives. And that it never breaks down. I drove through Arkansas in a snow storm in March last year. I am not used to driving in snow. My Rav4 did great.

The cup holders could be more durable. Mine broke years ago. I wish Toyota would make more Rav4's with leather seats. And a CD player that holds more disks. (So I had one installed).