Love my little "beep beep"!
By smokefan on
1999 Toyota RAV4 Special Edition 4dr SUV AWD
In 2007, I totaled out my 2000 Dodge Neon (good little car, too) and my brother and his wife gave me their 1999 Rav 4 L to drive. At first, it was a rocky relationship b/c I couldn't drive a standard...but once I got the hang of it, I learned two things: Standards are way more fun and this little truck is one of the best investments you could ever make! The truck had around 80K when I got it and I've put another 100K on it. The only thing I've had to do is replace the timing belt, which is an item you can expect to replace after time anyway. Other than diligent oil & fluid changes, I've not had to put any money into the "beep beep" and I think she'll stay in my family for years to come!
Favorite Features
Surprisingly comfortable; accomodates all heights/sizes of folks. Good gas mileage; lots of room in the back seat and in the back storage area;
Suggested Improvements
The ONLY thing that I'd even come close to complaining about is the back door...that wagon type, swing to the side business...takes some getting used to. Other than that, this little truck is a charmer!