Just Bought
By grinchmobile on
1999 Toyota RAV4 4dr SUV AWD
Just bought this vehicle for under 4k. Have had it for a couple of weeks and am amazed. Over 142k on it and all it needed was a new windshield and battery. The drive is excellent and the quality of the interior is amazing for a vehicle this old. No squeaks or rattles. I am looking forward to having several great years of driving this vehicle.
Favorite Features
The amount of storage space is great but the vehicle is small enough to slip in and out of tight parking spaces.
Suggested Improvements
Cannot think of any.
By yellowbob
on 07/23/13 03:04 AM (PDT)

My RAV 4 1999 is the best car I have ever had. I bought it at 240 000 Km over 2.5 years ago and have driven it everyday for 120 km to and from work then almost every weekend up dirt tracks and anywhere I want to go. Except it is not hard core 4WD but it will take you up muddy and wet grassy hills, through boggy puddles, up sandy tracks and on beaches. No low range though, would be better if it had low range. Very very reliable. Have 298 000 km now and ready to change the timing belt at 399. Never had a problem except it does use oil. does not blow smoke but uses oil. Apart from that it is just fantastic the most reliable car and practical too. So practical.