1999 Toyota RAV4 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RAV4 model:
Love my Rav
By daisy1 on 04/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Toyota RAV4 SUV 4dr SUV AWD

I have owned 3 Toyotas, this being my first Rav. I love it. The ride is great, the dependability being a toyota was a major selling point. It is cute and sporty and is perfect for my family. I have a hitch in the back for a great bike rack. I would recommend it to anyone. I just wished the seats in the back could go back a bit farther for a little more leg room for the kids.

Great Vehicle
By Rev'sRav on 01/13/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Toyota RAV4 SUV 4dr SUV AWD

Currently at 93,000 miles, this Rav has been a gem. It has seen all types of terrain. In wind gusts, tends to feel too light on the road, but has not been a problem as far as staying in the lane. Does well in the snow. Will keep it until it dies (which won't be any time soon).

Rav 4 is fun
By Rav Guy on 09/10/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Toyota RAV4 SUV 4dr SUV

Bought for my wife because small, sits high and easy to drive. I found I like to drive it more than my Cadillac. Will buy another some day. Great vehicle.

5 speed shot after only 73,000 miles!
By NJmike1234 on 07/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Toyota RAV4 SUV 4dr SUV AWD

Well just as the 70,000 mile warrenty ran out so did the 5 speed on the car. Dealer no help-3,300 for new trans- local repair shop fixed it for 900.00 Do Not get the 5 speed

Small but rugged
By pgwhite on 07/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Toyota RAV4 SUV 4dr SUV AWD

85k miles and no mechanical problems so far. Had one instance where engine would not turn over. Towed it to the dealer (100k warranty) and it started up for them. Never a problem since. Can't believe the power of this 2 litre engine, even with the auto transmission!! Traction is excellent, 8 inches of snow was no problem during a bad storm. My wife wants a van now that we are a foursome. She thinks I'm going to sell my full size truck...HA...the sad truth is, I hate to part with the RAV4. I just might give up the GMC, especially with today's gas prices.

Great little SUV so far....
By Ronboy on 05/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Toyota RAV4 SUV 4dr SUV AWD

I bought this little gem used with 55k. So far, its been a great SUV. no major problems. Styling is nifty and performance is adequate. I like the high seats for ease in driving. A real fun to drive vehicle.

Best Vehicle I have had in years.
By Easteddie on 03/08/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Toyota RAV4 SUV 4dr SUV

A pleasure to drive aound town. Noisy on the road and a little under powered.

1999 Rav AWD
By John Capp on 02/24/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Toyota RAV4 SUV 4dr SUV AWD

Excellant car for the young and small family. Only problem was that it lacked some needed power. In 3-1/2 years I only had to change the oil. Never a mechanical failure of any kind. Additionally, the resale value actually decreased the year to year expenditures relative to like vehicles.

It is a great little suv
By Picky driver on 01/28/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Toyota RAV4 SUV Special Edition 4dr SUV AWD

My Rav4L has performed well. It gets great gas mileage and after over 90,000 miles it still runs pretty much like a new car. I bought the RAV4 for the best gas mileage in an suv and because of Toyota reliability. I got what I was hoping for. It is a cute car. My husband says it is more suited to a woman though because it looks so cute.

Watch out at 50,000 mi
By chash on 10/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Toyota RAV4 SUV 4dr SUV

I loved my Rav 4 untill 50,mi watch out anyone who owns one. at 50,000mi it falls apart. water pump, timing belt, shocks,valves, I don't know if my rav was built on a monday or a friday but I am positive that it was one of those days don't get me wrong I love my car but do yourself a favor and buy the extended warranty Toyota's don't run forever!!!