Great used car to purchase
By LeX on
1998 Toyota RAV4 4dr SUV AWD
Great trucklet for anyone single and guys who likes sporty but moderately big. I bought this '98 Rav4 recently (4 Days ago) at 140,000 miles. So far it's been great and smooth overall. I have checked everything (no leaks) and is standing tall and strong for a 7 year old car. Fuel economy would have been okay if it offered more power, but gas consumption is moderate-high for being underpowered. It's great for cruising but equipped with the ECT button that offers a higher rev for conditions demanding more power for speed. I hope it lasts for 100,000 or more with me, so I can come back here and give it more ratings.
Favorite Features
The ECT button for more power. The Cruise Control, Power Windows and Locks with Alarm. The Height(ground clearance) is great while still nimble and stable. The 4-Wheel Drive adds greater handling. The head room, higher seats, folding back seats and the back panel with the door-like trunk.
Suggested Improvements
It's a little late for suggestions because the new 2004 and newer models has already improved a lot overall from the previous models. Mostly, the newer models come with 160HP!!! I'm upgrading to a new one as soon as I get more money.