1998 Toyota RAV4 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RAV4 model:
Great Vehicle
By MSB on 02/12/10 14:52 PM (PST)

1998 Toyota RAV4 L Special Edition 4dr SUV

Absolutely great vehicle. Bought with 112,000 miles- have driven for 1 1/2 years with no problems. Runs like a champ. Plan on giving to daughter to drive 5 years from now. Should easily get another 150,000 on this vehicle.

1998 Rav4 L
By jackdave on 06/22/06 23:10 PM (PDT)

1998 Toyota RAV4 L Special Edition 4dr SUV

Just needs Capt'n chair arms for both the Driver and Psgr.!

Excellent Quality
By VEP on 01/25/06 01:56 AM (PST)

1998 Toyota RAV4 L Special Edition 4dr SUV

I'm a tough critic but this car is as reliable as a Toyota gets. I have had over 20 cars and Toyotas have been the most reliable. Over 100,000 on it and I put on the last 50,000. Have done nothing but normal maintenance. Drive belt, tires, brakes, etc. No repairs at all for me other than maintenance. Like the standard features of the "L" version. Very sound quality parts. Feels solid and well put together for a small car.

Perfect small SUV
By Zustman on 01/22/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Toyota RAV4 L Special Edition 4dr SUV

My family and I love this car! It is much more versatile than it looks. You name it and I've fit it in to this car. From a double bed mattress and box spring to christmas trees to childrens play houses. And it is a joy to drive. Who needs big SUVs?

Great car, but some drawbacks
By rainman on 06/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Toyota RAV4 L Special Edition 4dr SUV

I bought this car and put 50K on it without any problems. It drives great, is very comfortable, and nible around corners. It's just a pretty fun car to drive. I drove it across the cascases during the winter a few times and it works on the snow with ease. I would recommend this car for anyone. But there are some bad points: it's engine is very week. The gas mileage wasn't as good as I thought it would be and it's pretty damn noisy. Everything else about it was excellent, especially its reliability. The only thing i've had to do was give it the old oil change every 3K.

RAV4 Review
By raleda on 05/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Toyota RAV4 L Special Edition 4dr SUV

I get lots of compliments on the way it looks. One of my friends knows that when we go off together, I automatically hand her the keys. I've had no mechanical problems, and I'm pleased with the way it's held its value. The leg room in the back seat is definitely limited, though. It seems to be designed for a single, a couple or a young family. I do wish it had a little more power.

Great mini SUV
By montclan on 04/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Toyota RAV4 L Special Edition 4dr SUV

This mini-SUV Toyota has the build quality, fit and finish that Toyota products are known for. It performs well within the constraints of which it was manufactured. The power and fuel efficiency are as advertised, and in around town driving it performms well. The ride is great and the maintenance has been nill. Ideally it could have 10-15 more hp, but then the gas mileage would decrease. I've had no problems and it seems to be a great fit for my needs. The resale value seems to be holding up well and I plan on years of trouble free driving.

Peter
By Peteriii on 03/15/02 22:33 PM (PST)

1998 Toyota RAV4 L Special Edition 4dr SUV

This is one of the best cars I have ever had. It has operated 100% effectively.