Would Buy it Again
By MC on
1997 Toyota RAV4 4dr SUV
I fell in love with this car before I even bought it. It just looked like it was fun to drive. I live in Florida but have driven it to Texas and New York. The drives were very comfortable and I didn't feel like I was driving a small vehicle. Even drove it during a snow storm and it handled great. Since it's raised a little you have good visibility all around. Mine is a manual 4-speed. I've never had any mechanical problems with it - I do have regular maintenance from a trusted Toyota mechanic (not the dealership) I've already decided that if I ever need any major work done I'll pay to have it done before I buy another car.
Favorite Features
Handling by far! This vehicle is easy to maneuver - turns on a dime and fits into small spaces. The back seats flip down to allow for more cargo space. I read another review that said it didn't have a tight turning ratio - mine has a fantastic turning ratio and making a U-turn is easy.
Suggested Improvements
It only has ONE cup holder. Hello? I understand this was corrected in subsequent models.