1997 Toyota RAV4 Consumer Review: My Tonka

1997 Toyota RAV4 SUV - Consumer Review

My Tonka
By Raven on

1997 Toyota RAV4 2dr SUV AWD

I like the sporty, good in snow, cool looking, weird little truck car. Unfortunately I've had problems with door latches, all latches, metal rusting and breaking... odd little things. I've replaced my windshield three times for cracks and pits. Mostly on major driving it never lets me down. I live in the upstate ADKS, so there is a lot of salt and hard wear, but no excuse for the bad metal situation. Still at 167,000, I'm having trouble parting with this cool truck. Put a rack on it, I can stuff it with travel gear and take my pet!!! It's a noisy truck, so I turn up the music. It's a blast on backroads and snow with loud music. What do I do with this now, how long can I make it last.

Off road, and snow, puddles and grit. High wheel base, but you know it flips. Just fun to drive.

Recall the door latch problems, all latch problem. Recall the wheels, they rust and cause flats. Angle the windshield but redesign this truck car and you'd sell a bunch.