I will sorely miss this car!
By Judy on
1997 Toyota RAV4 2dr SUV
I bought this vehicle new in 1997 and never regretted a day of driving it. Sporty little number that always turned heads - I've had several people want to buy it but of course I turned them down. I kept it maintained but in the end (July 2008), I didn't pay attention to oil leakage and the engine died. I went to several auto mechanics (personal friends) and was willing to pay $2500 to get another engine but decided after driving it for eleven years that I didn't want to take the chance (on expert advice) that another engine could fail in six months. Annoys me that had I paid attention, I could still be driving it another five years!
Favorite Features
Solid, held the road well. Interior features good, fabric seats comfortable. AM/FM stereo, cassette all good sound, no trouble ever. Rear cargo held a lot more than I ever thought it could. Rear seating also surprisingly adequate.
Suggested Improvements
I would have liked an inside lock on the rear cargo door. There is probably a little more "road rumble" sound but no regrets with this vehicle. The only thing I'm sorry about is that I would have driven it another five years if I didn't get lazy in the end about maintenance.