1997 Toyota RAV4 Consumer Review: I Love This Car

1997 Toyota RAV4 SUV - Consumer Review

I Love This Car
By Olympia on

1997 Toyota RAV4 4dr SUV

Easy on gas, fun to drive, roomy, sporty and everything (almost) works well. What's not to love? Even the paint looks great after 8 years (and no garage). I had a dead battery once, big deal. The biggest problem I have had were lame brain other drivers bumping into me in parking lots. The doors had bad problems with not wanting to open in the winter and one door lock stopped working altogether one summer (had to operate on it and fixed it). If that hadn't happened, I would have kept this car for ever. However, I am buying another one, so that shows you how much the positives outweigh the negatives.

Reliable as an old red tractor. Starts in the winter and handles well. Comfortable for long trips and the gas milage is great (26 city, 30 highway).

The doors have bad ju-ju. Freeze in the winter. One one of the locks just stopped working. No one can fix this for less than $1000. The center console is uncomfortable and the top fell off.