Used 1996 Toyota RAV4 SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1996 Toyota RAV4 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RAV4 model:

Most reliable car I ever owned
By dave

1996 Toyota RAV4 SUV 4dr SUV

Absolutely no problems. Only maintenance was oil changes, tires and battery replacement.

Small size, Plenty of space for dog crates

Quieter ride

Fun and Feisty
By Myrtle

1996 Toyota RAV4 SUV 4dr SUV AWD

I have been extremely happy with the purchase of this vehicle. I purchased it used with under 30,000 miles on it. I know have 105,000 and its still going strong. I have had very little maintenance on this car. Regular oil changes I believe are a must. I replaced the exhaust system last year (2005)muffler, converter and 2 pipes leading to muffler. I replaced the starter about 4 years ago, but other than that it has been routine maintenance. When I saw this car I knew I had to have it.It was so much fun to drive. I purchased it that very day. Now the car is 10years old it is still fun to drive and is still running like a gem! Thank you Toyota for building such a great car.

5 speed manual, easy access to rear storage area, with one door access.

Toyota RAV4
By my ride rocks

1996 Toyota RAV4 SUV 2dr SUV AWD

I love this car, it is fun to drive. I get awesome gas mileage (30 mi. to the gallon) great car. Rides high, fun little machine I would suggest it any day!

Gas mileage, and sleek look.

Interior design not a huge fan of that look!

1996 Toyota Rav4, 4x4, 4Dr
By Pat

1996 Toyota RAV4 SUV 4dr SUV AWD

it's a good, reliable car, the exterior paint-good integrity, cloth seatings-nice, interior carpet-good, heating/air condition system great!,

cloth seatings, interior carpet, reliable, great heating and cooling system, large cargo area, colorful/bright dash, comfortable drive, spacious, limited internal cab noise,

more cup holders, back seats to go into floor, better horsepower, better, long-lasting brakes

Fab Car - Love it!
By Sarah

1996 Toyota RAV4 SUV 2dr SUV AWD

I've only had my Rav-4 for 2 months and absolutely love it! It's my first time car but so easy to drive, is higher off the ground than normal cars which is definitely an advantage for a new driver! Fuel economy is great - was told not to buy one as it "drank the gas" - not true at all! Interior is a little bland but it's what you'd expect from a Japanese car.

The height from the ground. Fuel economy is great.

Would be nice if the sunroof was automatic instead of having to take the whole thing out.