1996 Toyota RAV4 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RAV4 model:
Excellent
By parkinrange on 04/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Toyota RAV4 2dr SUV

My six year old Rav 4 has been reliable, with no mechanical problems. New tires, battery and regular maintenance is all I have had to do to keep it strong.

'96 Auto of the year?!?~!!
By RavHate on 03/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Toyota RAV4 4dr SUV

How this got auto of the year astounds me. This car is the most underpowered thing. To get on the highway from the access road, you car has to get up to 4000 rmps (redlines at 6000). Stck radio is horrible. Roof-rack is there for decoration. Brakes ALWAYS squeal (toyota said this was normal), Ride is NOISY, just an all around bad car. Maybe a stronger engine, better brakes, better shocks...masculine lines would satisfy me. Men out there. in the 7 years i've driven this rav4. I only have seen one other guy driving it.

my rav
By dfarr on 12/07/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Toyota RAV4 2dr SUV

This is a great dependable sport utility

My RAV-4
By RAV4ME on 11/02/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Toyota RAV4 4dr SUV AWD

I purchased my 1996 RAV-4 in May 2000 when it had only 28,000 miles on it, one previous owner and clean as a whistle! It has proven to be a very reliable and appropriate vehicle for me. It's the first car I've ever owned that I feel truly fits my personality. Aside from the fact that it has only a 4-cyl engine which makes acceleration onto highways a bit of a challenge, I just love this car! I want to trade my 1996 for a newer model, but I don't really like the body style of the newer RAVs. I wish Toyota had left well enough alone.