1996 Toyota RAV4 SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific RAV4 model:
Most reliable car I ever owned
By dave on 10/06/06 11:22 AM (PDT)

1996 Toyota RAV4 SUV 4dr SUV

Absolutely no problems. Only maintenance was oil changes, tires and battery replacement.

Fun and Feisty
By Myrtle on 04/01/06 05:18 AM (PST)

1996 Toyota RAV4 SUV 4dr SUV AWD

I have been extremely happy with the purchase of this vehicle. I purchased it used with under 30,000 miles on it. I know have 105,000 and its still going strong. I have had very little maintenance on this car. Regular oil changes I believe are a must. I replaced the exhaust system last year (2005)muffler, converter and 2 pipes leading to muffler. I replaced the starter about 4 years ago, but other than that it has been routine maintenance. When I saw this car I knew I had to have it.It was so much fun to drive. I purchased it that very day. Now the car is 10years old it is still fun to drive and is still running like a gem! Thank you Toyota for building such a great car.

Toyota RAV4
By my ride rocks on 12/18/05 17:51 PM (PST)

1996 Toyota RAV4 SUV 2dr SUV AWD

I love this car, it is fun to drive. I get awesome gas mileage (30 mi. to the gallon) great car. Rides high, fun little machine I would suggest it any day!

1996 Toyota Rav4, 4x4, 4Dr
By Pat on 12/13/05 23:37 PM (PST)

1996 Toyota RAV4 SUV 4dr SUV AWD

it's a good, reliable car, the exterior paint-good integrity, cloth seatings-nice, interior carpet-good, heating/air condition system great!,

Fab Car - Love it!
By Sarah on 08/17/05 14:42 PM (PDT)

1996 Toyota RAV4 SUV 2dr SUV AWD

I've only had my Rav-4 for 2 months and absolutely love it! It's my first time car but so easy to drive, is higher off the ground than normal cars which is definitely an advantage for a new driver! Fuel economy is great - was told not to buy one as it "drank the gas" - not true at all! Interior is a little bland but it's what you'd expect from a Japanese car.

I love my car!
By Danielle on 04/25/05 01:07 AM (PDT)

1996 Toyota RAV4 SUV 2dr SUV

Toyota's are good cars but I love my Rav 4! It runs good and its pretty convenient sometimes. You can get around small places easier than other cars. I have never had any major mechanical problems with it. Only little things. They are really great on gas especially now!!!

Most reliable, best small car-like SUV
By Toyotafan on 07/15/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Toyota RAV4 SUV 4dr SUV

We've owned this since 1986, and have had NO problems other than regular maintenance -- it's what we've come to expect from Toyotas. Have since also purchased a 2000 Honda CRV, and the RAV is twice as peppy! I've only driven small 4 cyl cars, and this has the most pep of them all; it's not a 6cyl, though, and shouldn't be thought of as such. Front wheel drive does fine in bad weather. Easy to park, good turning radius.

1996
By timmyishere on 03/15/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Toyota RAV4 SUV 4dr SUV AWD

Seem to run well, but lacks power

I LOVE my Toyota
By frazzled on 01/13/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1996 Toyota RAV4 SUV 4dr SUV AWD

I bought my used 1996 4 door Rav in 2000. Being a single mom with 1 young child it suits my needs well. Very Reliable, I have only had to do regular maintenance, ie, oil changes and brakes and tires. Parks in small spaces easily, and living in New England, I've yet to get stuck in the snow. Gas mileage is good also. Would and have recommended to people they should buy this kind of vehicle.

Fun Car to Drive
By markaustx on 09/10/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1996 Toyota RAV4 SUV 2dr SUV

I bought my 1996 2 door RAV4 in 2000 and it's the most fun car I've ever driven. Got rid of my 2000 Honda Accord and bought the RAV4 and have never regretted it. It rides higher than the Accord and I do not feel at all claustraphobic (is that fear of small places or fear of Santa?). It's plenty peepy for a 4 cylinder and the styling is awesome. It's a shame they don't make the 2 door RAV4 anymore. There is a HUGE international fan club for the original RAV4.