Great Electric Car
By kesscalade on
2013 Toyota RAV4 EV 4dr SUV (electric DD)
I've owned the Rav4EV for about 5 months now and I love it! I did a lot of EV car research and in summary this car is as good as it gets without shelling out another $20,000 minimum to get a Tesla, which are phenomenal cars. Really fun to drive. Since the car is a Tesla/Toyota venture you feel the power and fun driving experience of the Tesla to some degree but still have the size and space of an SUV. For someone who dislikes small cars this car was a perfect choice for me. Can't beat the silent drive and zero gas stops. Great interior look and feel as well!
Favorite Features
I love the standard seat heaters, dual air conditioning system, voice activated GPS. Standard feature of course for a car of this cost.
Suggested Improvements
I do have a couple about this vehicle. I feel that for the price, there should be a couple of more feature options like blind spot monitoring, radar cruise control, electronic seat controls, seat cooling, full leather seats (rather then leather trimmed seats). Lack of overall choices for interior/exterior colors was disappointing when I was choosing the car as well. The lack of a long range is a drawback and bit me in the but one time when I was forced to stop at a charging station for a couple of hours just so I could get home. Also, the full charge on the car is random. I've found that the range for the full charge when I take off in the morning goes anywhere from 71 - 80 miles.