Used 2013 Toyota RAV4 EV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Toyota RAV4 EV - Consumer Reviews

Base 0-cyl. Electric 1-speed Direct Drive - (2 reviews )

Get While You Can
By gg77

2013 Toyota RAV4 EV 4dr SUV (electric DD)

If you golf, you've heard of a 'Poor Man's Pebble' in reference to Pebble Beach. Well, this is a 'Poor Man's Tesla'...btw, this is a complement. Like other posters have said, you're getting the Tesla motor without having to put down another $20k+. Prior cars include an Audi A4 and Jeep Grand Cherokee. While this does not include 4WD it matches/exceeds their speed/torque off the line, has as much storage as the Jeep, and is a smoother ride than either. Yes, I'm pleased. I understand the model is being phased out by end of 2014 due to meeting of CA EPA regulations so get one while you can.

Suprising torque, tech features, smooth ride.

When dropping rear seats to flat position you have to manually remove head rests so they lie flat. While we've driving from Sacramento to SFO on a charge would nice to just a little more range.

Great Electric Car
By kesscalade

2013 Toyota RAV4 EV 4dr SUV (electric DD)

I've owned the Rav4EV for about 5 months now and I love it! I did a lot of EV car research and in summary this car is as good as it gets without shelling out another $20,000 minimum to get a Tesla, which are phenomenal cars. Really fun to drive. Since the car is a Tesla/Toyota venture you feel the power and fun driving experience of the Tesla to some degree but still have the size and space of an SUV. For someone who dislikes small cars this car was a perfect choice for me. Can't beat the silent drive and zero gas stops. Great interior look and feel as well!

I love the standard seat heaters, dual air conditioning system, voice activated GPS. Standard feature of course for a car of this cost.

I do have a couple about this vehicle. I feel that for the price, there should be a couple of more feature options like blind spot monitoring, radar cruise control, electronic seat controls, seat cooling, full leather seats (rather then leather trimmed seats). Lack of overall choices for interior/exterior colors was disappointing when I was choosing the car as well. The lack of a long range is a drawback and bit me in the but one time when I was forced to stop at a charging station for a couple of hours just so I could get home. Also, the full charge on the car is random. I've found that the range for the full charge when I take off in the morning goes anywhere from 71 - 80 miles.