2015 Toyota Prius Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Toyota Prius - Consumer Reviews

2015 Toyota Prius

View reviews for a specific Prius model:

Gatorland Toyota sold me A great 2015 Prius
By 2015prius

2015 Toyota Prius Persona Series Special Edition 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Many people told me I would regret buying a Prius, and they are all wrong. I have gotten some really amazing mileage on my 2015 Toyota Prius Persona. Toyota makes excellent vehicles. My brother bought a Scion, and his is great also; of course it's made by Toyota too. The only drawback is the dash is hard to clean because it is rough finished, everything else works flawlessly. Gatorland Toyota of Gainesville, Florida sold me this car at a great price too! People told me it would have no pep at all, boy they are wrong. You should go take one for a spin before you put it down. So many features, so great a price.

Favorite Features

Higher mileage than what the ratings say, if you are gentle. I clocked an amazing 99mpg in town recently, but that was just a couple miles. I average 51 Mpg overall, and only lower when I drop the pedal to the floor. The audio system is really awesome and has bluetooth for phones and a usb for media players or for a flash drive full of music. I really dig the way the lights come on when I get near the car at night! It is so cool to be able to know how much it costs for any trip, once you input the fuel price. The seats are really comfortable too. Lots of room for tall people like me to ride, both front and back.

Suggested Improvements

They should make the dash smoother so it is easier to clean, and it would be nice if it came with standard LED headlamps instead of making that an option or only on the higher priced versions. It also ought to have standard fog lights, which is also an option.

2015 Prius Three the Good and the Bad
By techguy4

2015 Toyota Prius Three 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

The Prius sold me on reliability and comfort, I'm 5'6" and it fit me like a glove the controls work well. I moved from the Camry to the Prius but after 25mpg and frequent stops the 50mpg is a welcome improvement.

Favorite Features

No-key entry and start up. The navigation controls and solar panels for air conditioner once I figure out how to use it. The drive is smooth and the sound system is ok. Filling up from almost empty to full for less than $30 is nice

Suggested Improvements

Learning curve, the drive takes some getting used to, you can easily get in an accident if you don't let the car dealer show you how the car drives. Back visibility not easy, and there is a blind spot to your right rear, Toyota offers a blind spot indicator for $, I think that's horrible since they created the blind spot to begin with! The auto voice prompt thing, she will "pardon?" you all day long, most commands are things you can easily do on your own. That thing in the bottom under your star trek like control panel , it's a utility box. Useless, can't put your change there, most things will roll around, I am thinking of a way I can use it.