2014 Toyota Prius Consumer Review: Nice car, which it was less bo

2014 Toyota Prius - Consumer Review

Four 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic)

Nice car, which it was less boring though.
By 36annie on

2014 Toyota Prius Four 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

My third Prius. Unfortunately. I had to buy this car because my wife is an eco-freak, and she swears by Toyotas too. Our old one was so boring, my teenage son crashed it when he fell asleep in stop and go traffic. This one is the same, much to my chagrin. I really try to like this car though, as it is the one I have to drive. It's got an okay stereo, and with my experiences with Toyota, these cars are really reliable too, and this one hasn't left me stranded apart from the time I had a blowout (they don't include spares :P). It's obviously got great gas mileage too. All in all, this is an okay car, but i just wish it was a tiny bit more lively!

Good stereo. Bluetooth is cool. Supportive seats. Roomy inside. Reliable.

Make it faster. Make it accelerate faster. Make it less boring looking. Make the interior nicer. Offer more colors.
By boeserkritiker
on 05/07/14 05:42 AM (PDT)

First, I'm sorry for you that you are not allowed to pick your own car. Second, your teenager would have crashed any other car just the same if he doesn't get enough sleep. Third, you can drive the car in PWR mode & sink the gas pedal to the metal to make the drive more 'exciting', but that would kinda defeat the main purpose of the the cars' concept!? [non-permissible content removed], get the car you want & stop complaining. Oh, by the way, of course there is a spare in the trunk in the compartment under the trunk lid.

By wcascrs
on 04/25/15 20:22 PM (PDT)

Pay no attention to dude on Prius honeymoon above. Power Mode doesn't make the car 'more exciting' to drive. All Power Mode is make the gas pedal more sensitive. It provides absolutely no extra power to the engine. This car's interior is so sterile and laden with grainy hard plastics. Nice attempt at making a Star Trek type dash. Car's center of gravity is high, the suspension is budget and the steering is video game numb. Take a look at the new Corollas, Camrys and Rav4s whose interiors all blow away the Prius on syle and btw, sell 2 1/2 to 4 times the copies.

By wcascrs
on 04/25/15 20:28 PM (PDT)

I wonder what the average age of Prius buyers is, maybe 65? I look over and see so many senior citizens driving Prius. At least they are thinking about future generations, but it would be nice if Toyota targeted younger buyers and more buyers in general.