2013 Toyota Prius Consumer Review: Best cars I've owned in eighty

2013 Toyota Prius - Consumer Review

Best cars I've owned in eighty years!
By fruthaler on

2013 Toyota Prius Three 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I've now driven this Prius 4000+ miles in two months. It gives better gas mileage than the other five Priuses I've owned! And is as comfortable for long drives as any car I ever owned. My first Prius was the 2003 model, and I've driven all of them 100,000+ miles, around home and on long trips. Perhaps I'm small enough to be comfortable, but I really cannot understand the complaints about the seats for long trips. All Priuses have been excellent for driving in mountains, but the 2013 model is the best. No other car I ever owned climbed interstate grades easier in cruise control, and because of the transmission, no car descends steep grades better!

Gas mileage. On MY long drives consistently I get better than 55 mpg. And the car is so comfortable to drive. Road noise bothers me not at all, perhaps because I'm deaf. But on new, smooth highways, this car is at least as quiet as my Buicks were. On errands around home I average 53 mpg. I've owned so many because after driving each a bit, I've given it to my children.

At night I'd like to have more illumination of the roadways just in front of and to the side of these cars. And I wish Toyota would deliver them with up to date maps in GPS navigation.