2013 Toyota Prius Consumer Review: Skeptics are wrong

2013 Toyota Prius - Consumer Review

Skeptics are wrong
By longhornwine on

2013 Toyota Prius Persona Series Special Edition 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I did a lot of research before deciding on a Prius, and found that, though there are plenty of raving fans, there are also a lot of detractors. I read reviews about unbearable seats, terrible road noise, lack of power, and poor driving experience. After test drives, I decided to take a chance, and bought a new Persona model, which is basically an appearance package with a few upgrades, like the 17" wheels, navigation, and leather. I've driven it enough now to comment: the driver seat is as comfortable as any I've ever seen. The ride and road noise are typical for any vehicle of similar class. The power is great in Power Mode, the sound system is great, and the overall sense is great!

Mileage, Entune bluetooth system, Hybrid drive

The car roadwalks too much on highway. Glove box door rattles (really? in a new car?!!)
By wcascrs
on 04/05/13 22:58 PM (PDT)

Power is 'great' in Power Mode? Power Mode does Not increase the 134 horsepower, it only makes the gas pedal more sensitive, that's it. Take the car up a steep hill in PWR mode and it will be the same power as in eco mode if you held the pedal down further. Fun to drive, 5? As in little body roll and has agile handling? Not so much. The seats are pretty good, but when they stuff a driver's door armrest that *measures* two inches lower than a Camrys, that makes said door armrest unusable and the designers look quite inept. So I drive around with a inch and a half block of foam on mine. It's that or dangling left elbow which ain't happening.