2013 Toyota Prius 1.8L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic Consumer Review - Prius falling apart

2013 Toyota Prius - Consumer Review

Two 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic)

Prius falling apart
By cptdan on

2013 Toyota Prius Two 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I bought a Prius 8 months ago to save fuel but it has been the biggest mistake I ever made. A few months ago my wife hit a truck tire retread on the highway and the right front of the car shattered in pieces never had that happen in 35 years of driving NEVER. It cost $1250 to fix and a month later a small animal ran out in front of us I think it was a raccoon the critter lived but it caused more front end damage NEVER had that happen. Toyota fixed it for free said it should have happened REALLY?. Now the windshield is cracked; the build quality in this thing is horrendous can't believe Toyota put their name on it. If you are thinking of buying a Prius DON'T.

Favorite Features

Fuel milage it actually gets good mileage but any savings will be lost when the front end falls off.

Suggested Improvements

First improve the build quality in the front end; the Prius is more fragile than those 3 wheeled things you see in India. The split rear window reduces visibility and makes it hard to back up. Car has a lot of blind spots and this is from someone who usually drives a truck. Get rid of the back up alarm I know when the car is in reverse it's not like I'm driving a Kenworth. The radio is difficult to program and the manual was useless. I like the Bluetooth feature but again it's difficult to program I had the dealer program it. Seat belt alarm should stop after 5 seconds it's very annoying and the dog doesn't wear a seat belt.
By jack21202
on 11/20/14 11:41 AM (PST)

You keep crashing the car then say it isn't well built? This car is PERFECTLY assembled and will out live practically anything on the road. New cars are designed to come apart on impact - you'll appreciate this type of crash protection when you have a serious accident and walk away! You buy insurance is for fixing this. This is a technology car, if you aren't up for that.. get something else. The dealer can turn off the back up alarm for you. It is a safety feature because the car backs up on electricity - making it very possible that you'll not realize it is running and step on the gas (or just let off the brake) and crash.