2013 Toyota Prius Consumer Review: TRADED IN CMAX AFTER 10 MONTHS

2013 Toyota Prius - Consumer Review

TRADED IN CMAX AFTER 10 MONTHS FOR THIS PRIUS
By tradedcmax on

2013 Toyota Prius Three 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I had decided to buy the Ford Cmax over the Prius without having tried the Prius.
I did so because I bought into the hype and I really did like the way the Cmax drove.
I also wanted to do the buy American thing.

After 10 months and nearly 15K miles, never going over 37mpg, dealing with the many build quality issues (lots of them) I stumbled upon the NHTSA recall for the safety crash thing and said it was the last straw.

So I traded in the Cmax for the Prius.
And I haven't looked back.

The first 3 fill ups were 49, 47, and 45.
Already I got the MPG that the CMAX could not.
So it wasn't just me.
The Prius works great, is comfortable, and is an amazing build quality!

UPDATE: We traded in the Prius after 2 years, because of two big reasons. The most important was that the handling at highway speeds of over 55 mph, was not very good, the Prius floated around alot. The second reason was that it seemed being so low to the ground, and all cars seemed like they were going to crash through the rear window/hatch. It was very overwhelming. I'm glad to say that I've gotten a Toyota RAV4 Hybrid, which gives good MPG, but also AWD, and sits higher than the Prius. In fact, I've gotten 37 mpg on highway trips, and up to 33 mpg in the city. With the Prius, I seemed to average 37 mpg, and could get as high as 58 mpg on highway trips over 55 mph or less. I wanted to keep the Prius, I loved the MPG, the reliability, and overall the car was mostly comfortable once inside. But getting in and out was rough, and handling at over 55 mph was so bad, I felt no longer worth fighting the car on these long highway drives. Oh, in the snow, the Prius had amazing traction - really amazing. No slipping and sliding, very impressed.

• Steering
  • Warranty

• Road holding
  • Getting in out
  • Quality of materials

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review