2013 Toyota Prius - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Prius model:
Just bought another one!!!!
By nosaints on 08/06/13 12:59 PM (PDT)

2013 Toyota Prius Three 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I purchased my first Prius in 2010 and have recently traded it in on a new 2013 Prius. This car is actually fun to drive and comfortable. my wife and I took 2 extended vacations to the mid-west traveling a total of over 15,000 miles. A lot of people refer to the Prius as a compact car. I assure you that this car is a midsize. I have nothing but praise for the auto. A 5 star rating should be a 6 or 7. We see the hybrids out there have really not caught on, Why, because on the charging of the hybrid has to be done with an additional exterior 240 volt power receptacle. The difference between the charging receptacle needed is that the Pruis uses kenetick energy to charge itself, no plugging in.

TRADED IN CMAX AFTER 10 MONTHS FOR THIS PRIUS
By tradedcmax on 08/17/13 18:33 PM (PDT)

2013 Toyota Prius Three 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I had decided to buy the Ford Cmax over the Prius without having tried the Prius. I did so because I bought into the hype and I really did like the way the Cmax drove. I also wanted to do the buy American thing. After 10 months and nearly 15K miles, never going over 37mpg, dealing with the many build quality issues (lots of them) I stumbled upon the NHTSA recall for the safety crash thing and said it was the last straw. So I traded in the Cmax for the Prius. And I haven't looked back. The first 3 fill ups were 49, 47, and 45. Already I got the MPG that the CMAX could not. So it wasn't just me. The Prius works great, is comfortable, and is an amazing build quality!

So far we are loving it!
By rkhamilton920 on 09/12/13 21:58 PM (PDT)

2013 Toyota Prius Persona Series Special Edition 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Purchased car last weekend - $27,500 OTD. Last minute decision decided to buy 72 mo/100K extended warranty that included routine maintenance for 48 mo/45K for $1200. Really enjoying the can so far - it's my wife's first "new car" - she;s always gotten my hand me downs. She drives 100 miles RT to work and she's loving it. I'll update as we own it a bit longer.

Best car i have ever purchased---LOVE IT !!!!
By lviars50 on 10/19/13 17:31 PM (PDT)

2013 Toyota Prius Three 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I purchased the 2013 Toyota Prius 3 from Aaron M. salesman at Rusty Wallace Toyota in Morristown Tn...This dealership is highly recommend by me great people that really takes the time to make sure you get the exact car you have you heart set on...The Toyota Prius far exceeded my expectations....I love the way it drives and handles, plenty of room inside.. BEAUTIFUL exterior ... every where I go people go on about what a beautiful car I have purchased.. The fuel mileage is AWESOME...averaging 54.8 mpg ... If you HATE buying gas like I do I highly suggest you buy a Toyota Prius ...

Best cars I've owned in eighty years!
By fruthaler on 04/29/13 12:55 PM (PDT)

2013 Toyota Prius Three 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I've now driven this Prius 4000+ miles in two months. It gives better gas mileage than the other five Priuses I've owned! And is as comfortable for long drives as any car I ever owned. My first Prius was the 2003 model, and I've driven all of them 100,000+ miles, around home and on long trips. Perhaps I'm small enough to be comfortable, but I really cannot understand the complaints about the seats for long trips. All Priuses have been excellent for driving in mountains, but the 2013 model is the best. No other car I ever owned climbed interstate grades easier in cruise control, and because of the transmission, no car descends steep grades better!

what an awesome car
By joebob66 on 09/07/13 08:35 AM (PDT)

I purchased the prius persona in july and love this car, I previously had a Honda accord. I recommend the black cherry color, as this is a limited edition color, so there aren't a lot of them out there. this car is loaded with features, and at only 26000 with o percent financing, this was just right for me. I am getting 56 mpg going to work everyday, 24 miles, 17 of them on the highway. I am currently getting about 52 on the highway and about 56 or 57 in the city, I live in Chicago, so the city driving is stop and go, which gets you better mileage, and I have learned how to drive to get maximum fuel economy without being "that guy driving like a grandma". would recommend

16 months of ownership so far...
By jgilliam1955 on 08/17/14 13:29 PM (PDT)

2013 Toyota Prius Four 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This is the best car I have ever owned. I had a VW Jetta Diesel with 200K on it but it was in the shop for eletrical stuff all the time. So I wanted regular gas car with diesel type mileage PLUS a back seat for the grandkids. The Prius fits the bill. Gas is 75 cents per gallon or more cheaper. I now have 28800 miles in it. On weekend trips I get low 50's mpg at 70mph & higher if I go 60 mph. Overall I have averaged combined MPG of 49.9. When I fill up it's $26. I take a ferry to work & it is nice to sit in a car with the AC or heater on & the engine not running. I carried my Garmin GPS for back up but the Prius GPS works great.

Amazed!
By guitarjem on 05/07/13 04:07 AM (PDT)

2013 Toyota Prius Two 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have been researching the Prius for 12 months before buying and during my research I read negative things about the Prius that I find not to be true. This car is not slow and has no problem keeping up with the pack. You don't have to drive like "grandma" to get good mpg's just go easy on the gas pedal and try to stay in eco mode. The car is very quiet and comfortable for long drives and is by no means a compact sedan but a mid-size vehicle. With that said the Prius might not be for everyone but if you have a long commute and like saving on gas with a nice car to boot..... go for it!

Skeptics are wrong
By longhornwine on 02/13/13 09:29 AM (PST)

I did a lot of research before deciding on a Prius, and found that, though there are plenty of raving fans, there are also a lot of detractors. I read reviews about unbearable seats, terrible road noise, lack of power, and poor driving experience. After test drives, I decided to take a chance, and bought a new Persona model, which is basically an appearance package with a few upgrades, like the 17" wheels, navigation, and leather. I've driven it enough now to comment: the driver seat is as comfortable as any I've ever seen. The ride and road noise are typical for any vehicle of similar class. The power is great in Power Mode, the sound system is great, and the overall sense is great!

Best Car ever owned.
By martint1448 on 03/26/13 10:32 AM (PDT)

2013 Toyota Prius Two 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I bought a 2009 Prius and have so far put 162,000 miles on it without any issue of any kind. The first set of brakes are still in place and it has never let me down on trips all over the country.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Toyota Prius in VA is:

$128 per month*