Used 2013 Toyota Prius Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Toyota Prius - Consumer Reviews

2013 Toyota Prius

View reviews for a specific Prius model:

TRADED IN CMAX AFTER 10 MONTHS FOR THIS PRIUS
By tradedcmax

2013 Toyota Prius Three 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I had decided to buy the Ford Cmax over the Prius without having tried the Prius. I did so because I bought into the hype and I really did like the way the Cmax drove. I also wanted to do the buy American thing. After 10 months and nearly 15K miles, never going over 37mpg, dealing with the many build quality issues (lots of them) I stumbled upon the NHTSA recall for the safety crash thing and said it was the last straw. So I traded in the Cmax for the Prius. And I haven't looked back. The first 3 fill ups were 49, 47, and 45. Already I got the MPG that the CMAX could not. So it wasn't just me. The Prius works great, is comfortable, and is an amazing build quality!

Favorite Features

I love the backup camera/navigation system that comes with the level 3. I also love the soft seats, they are quite comfortable. The XM radio has an amazing sound quality. The proximity locks are very cool, never have to put a key in a lock again. Just walk up and the doors are unlocked when you touch the door handle. I am really enjoying the MPG, getting roughly 47MPG average over 3 fill ups.

Suggested Improvements

I can honestly say there is nothing that I would change about this car. The build quality is amazing, absolutely nothing was wrong with this car from the moment I test drove, purchased, and took delivery of this car.

Just bought another one!!!!
By nosaints

2013 Toyota Prius Three 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I purchased my first Prius in 2010 and have recently traded it in on a new 2013 Prius. This car is actually fun to drive and comfortable. my wife and I took 2 extended vacations to the mid-west traveling a total of over 15,000 miles. A lot of people refer to the Prius as a compact car. I assure you that this car is a midsize. I have nothing but praise for the auto. A 5 star rating should be a 6 or 7. We see the hybrids out there have really not caught on, Why, because on the charging of the hybrid has to be done with an additional exterior 240 volt power receptacle. The difference between the charging receptacle needed is that the Pruis uses kenetick energy to charge itself, no plugging in.

Favorite Features

Comfort, Quietness, Fun to drive

Suggested Improvements

none

So far we are loving it!
By rkhamilton920

2013 Toyota Prius Persona Series Special Edition 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Purchased car last weekend - $27,500 OTD. Last minute decision decided to buy 72 mo/100K extended warranty that included routine maintenance for 48 mo/45K for $1200. Really enjoying the can so far - it's my wife's first "new car" - she;s always gotten my hand me downs. She drives 100 miles RT to work and she's loving it. I'll update as we own it a bit longer.

Favorite Features

Seats are great - actually peppier that I expected even in Eco mode.

Suggested Improvements

None so far

Best car i have ever purchased---LOVE IT !!!!
By lviars50

2013 Toyota Prius Three 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I purchased the 2013 Toyota Prius 3 from Aaron M. salesman at Rusty Wallace Toyota in Morristown Tn...This dealership is highly recommend by me great people that really takes the time to make sure you get the exact car you have you heart set on...The Toyota Prius far exceeded my expectations....I love the way it drives and handles, plenty of room inside.. BEAUTIFUL exterior ... every where I go people go on about what a beautiful car I have purchased.. The fuel mileage is AWESOME...averaging 54.8 mpg ... If you HATE buying gas like I do I highly suggest you buy a Toyota Prius ...

Favorite Features

Fuel Mileage , Design of the Prius Hatchback , Love the Navagation System ,Keyless Entry, Bluetooth .... The exterior design. This car is AWESOME !!!...

Suggested Improvements

None

Best cars I've owned in eighty years!
By fruthaler

2013 Toyota Prius Three 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I've now driven this Prius 4000+ miles in two months. It gives better gas mileage than the other five Priuses I've owned! And is as comfortable for long drives as any car I ever owned. My first Prius was the 2003 model, and I've driven all of them 100,000+ miles, around home and on long trips. Perhaps I'm small enough to be comfortable, but I really cannot understand the complaints about the seats for long trips. All Priuses have been excellent for driving in mountains, but the 2013 model is the best. No other car I ever owned climbed interstate grades easier in cruise control, and because of the transmission, no car descends steep grades better!

Favorite Features

Gas mileage. On MY long drives consistently I get better than 55 mpg. And the car is so comfortable to drive. Road noise bothers me not at all, perhaps because I'm deaf. But on new, smooth highways, this car is at least as quiet as my Buicks were. On errands around home I average 53 mpg. I've owned so many because after driving each a bit, I've given it to my children.

Suggested Improvements

At night I'd like to have more illumination of the roadways just in front of and to the side of these cars. And I wish Toyota would deliver them with up to date maps in GPS navigation.