2013 Toyota Prius - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Prius model:
16 months of ownership so far...
By jgilliam1955 on 08/17/14 13:29 PM (PDT)

2013 Toyota Prius Four 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This is the best car I have ever owned. I had a VW Jetta Diesel with 200K on it but it was in the shop for eletrical stuff all the time. So I wanted regular gas car with diesel type mileage PLUS a back seat for the grandkids. The Prius fits the bill. Gas is 75 cents per gallon or more cheaper. I now have 28800 miles in it. On weekend trips I get low 50's mpg at 70mph & higher if I go 60 mph. Overall I have averaged combined MPG of 49.9. When I fill up it's $26. I take a ferry to work & it is nice to sit in a car with the AC or heater on & the engine not running. I carried my Garmin GPS for back up but the Prius GPS works great.

Gas saving appliance....
By manu77 on 06/22/14 23:12 PM (PDT)

2013 Toyota Prius Four 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

When the salesman first showed me the Prius Four with solar and moon roof, and all sorts of gadgetry, I was overwhelmed by all the fantastic features coupled with the great mpg that the Prius is renowned for and, plus its reliability, which it has proven to be a reliable car. But, and this is a big but....they have failed to address driving ergonomics. While this model four has power seats with lumbar support, I figured out about two months and 3000 miles later on the car that the driving position of the driver is quite awkward and this could not be addressed by changing my seat position. If you are planning to buy a Prius, I suggest you carefully observe your seating and steering first.

Prius falling apart
By cptdan on 02/15/14 10:09 AM (PST)

2013 Toyota Prius Two 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I bought a Prius 8 months ago to save fuel but it has been the biggest mistake I ever made. A few months ago my wife hit a truck tire retread on the highway and the right front of the car shattered in pieces never had that happen in 35 years of driving NEVER. It cost $1250 to fix and a month later a small animal ran out in front of us I think it was a raccoon the critter lived but it caused more front end damage NEVER had that happen. Toyota fixed it for free said it should have happened REALLY?. Now the windshield is cracked; the build quality in this thing is horrendous can't believe Toyota put their name on it. If you are thinking of buying a Prius DON'T.

Remote starter ??????????????
By barville21 on 01/10/14 15:28 PM (PST)

2013 Toyota Prius Four 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Remote doesn't work 99% of the time. In 6 weeks of winter, it started my car 3 times. All with me outside, near the car. Dealer gave me an extremely hard time. Went There 4 times before they agreed to take it out and refund my money. They don't have a better remote to choose from and it cost just shy of $600. Worse yet, after I had it installed and complianed ,2 employees told me they knew it wasn't a good starter. Back window has a poor view. Rearview mirrors doesn't dim headlights enough. Can be dangerous.

The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly - 2013 vs. 2010
By piousprius on 12/07/13 16:41 PM (PST)

2013 Toyota Prius Two 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Recently upgraded from 2010 to 2013. It's the same car with a couple small new features. Everything I liked about 2010 model is still here, as is everything I hated. Overall, Prius is a decent car, but it's only worth the price tag if you will drive it A LOT.

Best car i have ever purchased---LOVE IT !!!!
By lviars50 on 10/19/13 17:31 PM (PDT)

2013 Toyota Prius Three 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I purchased the 2013 Toyota Prius 3 from Aaron M. salesman at Rusty Wallace Toyota in Morristown Tn...This dealership is highly recommend by me great people that really takes the time to make sure you get the exact car you have you heart set on...The Toyota Prius far exceeded my expectations....I love the way it drives and handles, plenty of room inside.. BEAUTIFUL exterior ... every where I go people go on about what a beautiful car I have purchased.. The fuel mileage is AWESOME...averaging 54.8 mpg ... If you HATE buying gas like I do I highly suggest you buy a Toyota Prius ...

Love my new Prius
By pattiprius on 10/03/13 12:59 PM (PDT)

2013 Toyota Prius Four 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I owned a 2005 Prius for 8 years with no problems ever. It averaged 48-50 mpg most of those years. My new 2013 is a Prius 4 with more bells & whistles, which I thought would lower the mpg, but not so far. I averaged 53 mpg on my 1st tank! I don't care for the center console area, less storage area than earlier models. And they replaced the map size door pockets with cup/bottle size pockets. I almost went with the larger PriusV because of the cosole area. The solar air circulation seems to work pretty good, considering I am in FL! Anyway, it was a little higher priced, but if it works as well as my old one, it'll be worth it not to have any issues!

Navigation crashes, resets, and just doesn't work
By rsjoberg on 10/01/13 22:12 PM (PDT)

2013 Toyota Prius Two 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Don't a Prius if you need the navigation. It just doesn't work. I have had my 3 month old car in twice and Toyota can't get the navigation to work. It crashes, restarts, and one misdirected me. Too bad because the mileage is great and otherwise I am happy with the car. Right now I wish I'd gone with anything but a Toyota. They used to make great cars.

So far we are loving it!
By rkhamilton920 on 09/12/13 21:58 PM (PDT)

2013 Toyota Prius Persona Series Special Edition 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Purchased car last weekend - $27,500 OTD. Last minute decision decided to buy 72 mo/100K extended warranty that included routine maintenance for 48 mo/45K for $1200. Really enjoying the can so far - it's my wife's first "new car" - she;s always gotten my hand me downs. She drives 100 miles RT to work and she's loving it. I'll update as we own it a bit longer.

what an awesome car
By joebob66 on 09/07/13 08:35 AM (PDT)

I purchased the prius persona in july and love this car, I previously had a Honda accord. I recommend the black cherry color, as this is a limited edition color, so there aren't a lot of them out there. this car is loaded with features, and at only 26000 with o percent financing, this was just right for me. I am getting 56 mpg going to work everyday, 24 miles, 17 of them on the highway. I am currently getting about 52 on the highway and about 56 or 57 in the city, I live in Chicago, so the city driving is stop and go, which gets you better mileage, and I have learned how to drive to get maximum fuel economy without being "that guy driving like a grandma". would recommend

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Toyota Prius in VA is:

$128 per month*