Used 2013 Toyota Prius Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Toyota Prius - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Prius model:

Great car for the Environment
By Michael Mansholt

2013 Toyota Prius Five 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

The acceleration is slow as to be expected, interior noise is a little more than I would like, and there are some minors rattles. Overall, the car performs as expected an delivers an overall averag MPG around 43. I'm not impressed with the Entune/navigation system. The voice controls are hit and miss and the navigation system reboots itself randomly.

2013 Prius review
By John Mokricky

2013 Toyota Prius Two 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I bought this car used in September, 2015 primarily for the gas savings. The car has a sun/moon roof which I like alot. So far I like the car very much and I intend to look at the 2016 Prius due to the extra safety features about which much has already been written even thou the car is not expected to arrive at the dealerships until January, 2016.

Second Prius we purchased!
By Steve Guess

2013 Toyota Prius Four 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We bought a new 2009 Prius (base model) and enjoyed it so much that we bought this 2013 Prius Four. 111,000 miles on the 2009 Prius and almost 12,000 on the 2013. We average 45-47 miles per gallon on the 2009 and 48-50 miles per gallon on the 2013. Great work car and short trips but we also make yearly trips from Tampa, Florida to Houston, Texas and beyond.

A/C Buzzing
By Donald Delle Donne

2013 Toyota Prius Four 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

My nA/c Buzzes very loud when it is over 85 degrees out side, sounds like a electric transformer on a telegraph pole. I took it in to the dealer and they said your A/C is burning out and needs replaced and they replaced it. Next day same thing I took it back the dealer said that was normal. Yesterday is was not normal today it is normal. Took it to another Toyota dealer they said your A/C unit is burning out and needs replaced and they replaced it. Both times under warranty. Long story but I went into Arbitration and they said just minor repairs very little noise. Well Minor repairs it seems the Arbitrator did not know values 3 A/C units actually equal 41 % of the value of the Prius I don't think the arbitrator was working for me as he should have been.

don't trust prius gen3 hybrid battery
By ga2

2013 Toyota Prius Two 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have the latest generation 3 prius, now driving for 4 years. Unfortunately, the battery failed, but the warranty expired at 100,000, and we drive kids to school and sports and put on 30,000 per year. Dealer wanted $6000 to replace it! Car is worthless to trade in until battery fixed. A local hybrid shop replaced the bad cell (# 4,5,9 slightly low, but #8 very low) for $675. This solved the problem and module 8 still good, but now #4,5,9 gradually becoming weaker requiring hybrid resets. Toyota doesn't care. Ridiculous to have a worthless car after only 4 years. Will never buy from Toyota again. We have frequent 90 degree days here in summer, and that is apparently the reason. Don't buy unless you live in Canada or the border states, because everywhere else in the US it is too hot. The prius hybrid is a joke, and Toyota just tells me "tough luck."

• SUV