2013 Toyota Prius - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Prius model:
Prius falling apart
By cptdan on 02/15/14 10:09 AM (PST)

2013 Toyota Prius Two 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I bought a Prius 8 months ago to save fuel but it has been the biggest mistake I ever made. A few months ago my wife hit a truck tire retread on the highway and the right front of the car shattered in pieces never had that happen in 35 years of driving NEVER. It cost $1250 to fix and a month later a small animal ran out in front of us I think it was a raccoon the critter lived but it caused more front end damage NEVER had that happen. Toyota fixed it for free said it should have happened REALLY?. Now the windshield is cracked; the build quality in this thing is horrendous can't believe Toyota put their name on it. If you are thinking of buying a Prius DON'T.

Remote starter ??????????????
By barville21 on 01/10/14 15:28 PM (PST)

2013 Toyota Prius Four 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Remote doesn't work 99% of the time. In 6 weeks of winter, it started my car 3 times. All with me outside, near the car. Dealer gave me an extremely hard time. Went There 4 times before they agreed to take it out and refund my money. They don't have a better remote to choose from and it cost just shy of $600. Worse yet, after I had it installed and complianed ,2 employees told me they knew it wasn't a good starter. Back window has a poor view. Rearview mirrors doesn't dim headlights enough. Can be dangerous.

The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly - 2013 vs. 2010
By piousprius on 12/07/13 16:41 PM (PST)

2013 Toyota Prius Two 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Recently upgraded from 2010 to 2013. It's the same car with a couple small new features. Everything I liked about 2010 model is still here, as is everything I hated. Overall, Prius is a decent car, but it's only worth the price tag if you will drive it A LOT.

Best car i have ever purchased---LOVE IT !!!!
By lviars50 on 10/19/13 17:31 PM (PDT)

2013 Toyota Prius Three 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I purchased the 2013 Toyota Prius 3 from Aaron M. salesman at Rusty Wallace Toyota in Morristown Tn...This dealership is highly recommend by me great people that really takes the time to make sure you get the exact car you have you heart set on...The Toyota Prius far exceeded my expectations....I love the way it drives and handles, plenty of room inside.. BEAUTIFUL exterior ... every where I go people go on about what a beautiful car I have purchased.. The fuel mileage is AWESOME...averaging 54.8 mpg ... If you HATE buying gas like I do I highly suggest you buy a Toyota Prius ...

Love my new Prius
By pattiprius on 10/03/13 12:59 PM (PDT)

2013 Toyota Prius Four 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I owned a 2005 Prius for 8 years with no problems ever. It averaged 48-50 mpg most of those years. My new 2013 is a Prius 4 with more bells & whistles, which I thought would lower the mpg, but not so far. I averaged 53 mpg on my 1st tank! I don't care for the center console area, less storage area than earlier models. And they replaced the map size door pockets with cup/bottle size pockets. I almost went with the larger PriusV because of the cosole area. The solar air circulation seems to work pretty good, considering I am in FL! Anyway, it was a little higher priced, but if it works as well as my old one, it'll be worth it not to have any issues!

Navigation crashes, resets, and just doesn't work
By rsjoberg on 10/01/13 22:12 PM (PDT)

2013 Toyota Prius Two 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Don't a Prius if you need the navigation. It just doesn't work. I have had my 3 month old car in twice and Toyota can't get the navigation to work. It crashes, restarts, and one misdirected me. Too bad because the mileage is great and otherwise I am happy with the car. Right now I wish I'd gone with anything but a Toyota. They used to make great cars.

So far we are loving it!
By rkhamilton920 on 09/12/13 21:58 PM (PDT)

2013 Toyota Prius Persona Series Special Edition 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Purchased car last weekend - $27,500 OTD. Last minute decision decided to buy 72 mo/100K extended warranty that included routine maintenance for 48 mo/45K for $1200. Really enjoying the can so far - it's my wife's first "new car" - she;s always gotten my hand me downs. She drives 100 miles RT to work and she's loving it. I'll update as we own it a bit longer.

what an awesome car
By joebob66 on 09/07/13 08:35 AM (PDT)

I purchased the prius persona in july and love this car, I previously had a Honda accord. I recommend the black cherry color, as this is a limited edition color, so there aren't a lot of them out there. this car is loaded with features, and at only 26000 with o percent financing, this was just right for me. I am getting 56 mpg going to work everyday, 24 miles, 17 of them on the highway. I am currently getting about 52 on the highway and about 56 or 57 in the city, I live in Chicago, so the city driving is stop and go, which gets you better mileage, and I have learned how to drive to get maximum fuel economy without being "that guy driving like a grandma". would recommend

TRADED IN CMAX AFTER 10 MONTHS FOR THIS PRIUS
By tradedcmax on 08/17/13 18:33 PM (PDT)

2013 Toyota Prius Three 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I had decided to buy the Ford Cmax over the Prius without having tried the Prius. I did so because I bought into the hype and I really did like the way the Cmax drove. I also wanted to do the buy American thing. After 10 months and nearly 15K miles, never going over 37mpg, dealing with the many build quality issues (lots of them) I stumbled upon the NHTSA recall for the safety crash thing and said it was the last straw. So I traded in the Cmax for the Prius. And I haven't looked back. The first 3 fill ups were 49, 47, and 45. Already I got the MPG that the CMAX could not. So it wasn't just me. The Prius works great, is comfortable, and is an amazing build quality!

Just bought another one!!!!
By nosaints on 08/06/13 12:59 PM (PDT)

2013 Toyota Prius Three 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I purchased my first Prius in 2010 and have recently traded it in on a new 2013 Prius. This car is actually fun to drive and comfortable. my wife and I took 2 extended vacations to the mid-west traveling a total of over 15,000 miles. A lot of people refer to the Prius as a compact car. I assure you that this car is a midsize. I have nothing but praise for the auto. A 5 star rating should be a 6 or 7. We see the hybrids out there have really not caught on, Why, because on the charging of the hybrid has to be done with an additional exterior 240 volt power receptacle. The difference between the charging receptacle needed is that the Pruis uses kenetick energy to charge itself, no plugging in.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Toyota Prius in NJ is:

$209 per month*