L O V E this car!
By frabjous on
2012 Toyota Prius Four 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)
I purchased the '12 Pkg 4 with the solar sun roof and just love it! I traded in my '04 Chevy Trailblazer XLT for this and will NEVER be going back to an SUV. I thought it would take a little bit to get used to, but that was not the case. It's sporty, it's zippy and much quicker to the "get go" than any SUV i've ever driven. Tons and tons of features. I love that it is tiny, but not really. There is TONS of space. I love that I get about 45 MPG instead of 15 (I even got 76 MPG in the Black Hills!) Gas savings are huge! My suggestion is to compare this car to your current car, not to other hybrids. I save over $200/month on gas alone from my previous car. Toyota has been around!
Favorite Features
The USB port and flawless recognization of the IPod - just love this along with automatic bluetooth connection of my phone and phones music player when I do not have the IPod along. I also really love my navigation system. I love the night light that shines down on the shifter and control panel. Along with the feet lighting. This is a smart car and everything is just in the right spot! I love the hatchback. I get a ton of space! I love my leather seats. So soft! I love my sun roof! I love that it tracks my cost of gas per mile. I love that it tells me how much each trip cost me and how much gas I used. Can you tell - I just love this car?
Suggested Improvements
The doors do sound a little plastic when I close them. In general there are no issues, but if that perception could be change - it would be a big deal to me. The bluetooth toggle needs help. I'm seriously going to get into an accident because of love/hate relationship between my car and my phone. BEYOND frustrating. The steering wheel is tiny. Why can't it be bigger? I have alloy wheels plus a stupid hubcap. Why? Just an awesome wheel is all it needs. Hubcaps should be outlawed. It gets really really windy inside the car when you have the windows and sunroof open. More than any other car I've ever own... it's strange and kind of funny.
By missmytsx
on 02/18/14 10:46 AM (PST)

Your Prius is "sporty" and "zippy?" I guess the driving experience truly is subjective - coming to the Prius from a Chevy Trailblazer probably explains it, in which case any car would seem sporty and zippy by virtue of being lighter weight and lower to the ground than the Trailblazer. I came from a TSX to the Prius, so that was, and is, my problem, and leads to my perception of the Prius as slow and dull to drive.