2012 Toyota Prius Two 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)
I was buying this model in February-March 2012, when neither diller, no Toyota website had the 2012 model description. I was told that the model is exactly as 2011. It turned out that there's single difference - parking assist was removed from 2012 model. Huge, huge disappointment!
Another minus is that Toyota, looks like intentionally!, overstates fuel economy. The car does regularly show 49 to 51 overall mpg, but the number is always (I mean ALWAYS) 2-2.5 mpg higher than reality (miles driven/number of galons filled in).
At 60mph the car shows speed 2mph higher than external GPSes. May be related to the previous.
Tires are bad, very noisy on hwy.
Hwy mpg is only about 40 at 70-75mph.
dynamic range radar
heated driver and passenger seats
sound system quality
panel(s) layout is convenient
1. tires are horrible! Almost third of interstate miles produces unbearable noise.
2. speedometer shows 1mph higher at 40mph and 2mph higher at 60+mph.
3. self-dimming rear view mirror could dim better
4. Horrible GPS. Must be replaced. May be horribly outdated, but there is no updates included, no way to check. It's simply unreliable
5. No speed-sensitive radio (?!)
6. trunk space is not rational. Spare tire is not necessary.
7. parking assist must be added
† Edmunds.com received the highest numerical score in the proprietary J.D. Power 2014 Third-Party Automotive Website Evaluation Study℠. Results based on responses from 3,381 responses, measuring 14 companies and measures third-party automotive website usefulness among new and used vehicle shoppers. Proprietary study results are based on experiences and perceptions of owners surveyed from January 2014. Your experiences may vary. Visit jdpower.com.