A happy buyer.
By emmettmoore on
2012 Toyota Prius Five 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)
Just purchased a 2012, loaded Prius. Out the door at $35k. Switched from a Mercedes e350 that was getting 16 mpg city driving. Spending $80 dollars per week was just pissing me off...so i took the plunge. The performance is no comparison to the Mercedes, and the interior is bit bland. However, I am really enthused about the gas mileage. Drove around the city, punching the gas to see how bad of mileage I could get (seriously), I ended up with 44 after a day. The next day I babied the gas pedal on got 50. My wife is a real baby and wont drive anything but a benz, she is actually kind of liking this car, which is a big relief. My 10 year old son loves the big back seats.
Favorite Features
Very nice electronic display, excellent stereo, phone app integration is really cool. Overall, its high tech and I am really enjoying the apps. When I say apps, I really mean apps. Really cool apps like automatically mapping the nearest gas stations and current gas prices, search and find capabilities like find me a starbucks and it quickly routes you, blue tooth with phone integration is excellent and intuitive and really easy to use.
Suggested Improvements
I love to punch the gas and am used to fast, gas guzzling cars....what I want is 50 mpg and 0-60 in 3.9 seconds. But with gas prices in my California neighborhood at 4.35-4.65 a gallon, well I can adjust, lower my expectations, and just enjoy all of the cool features that the Prius has to offer.
By dj7u
on 06/20/12 00:58 AM (PDT)

Glad you made the switch. Just went from a 2007 Prius light green base to a 2012 Prius pearl white with dark gray interior and solar sunroof. Gas mileage is about 10-15 MPG better than 2004-2009 models. Having the Prius Five do you have the active cruise control?