2012 Toyota Prius Consumer Review: A happy buyer.

2012 Toyota Prius Hatchback - Consumer Review

A happy buyer.
By emmettmoore on

2012 Toyota Prius Five 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Just purchased a 2012, loaded Prius. Out the door at $35k. Switched from a Mercedes e350 that was getting 16 mpg city driving. Spending $80 dollars per week was just pissing me off...so i took the plunge. The performance is no comparison to the Mercedes, and the interior is bit bland. However, I am really enthused about the gas mileage. Drove around the city, punching the gas to see how bad of mileage I could get (seriously), I ended up with 44 after a day. The next day I babied the gas pedal on got 50. My wife is a real baby and wont drive anything but a benz, she is actually kind of liking this car, which is a big relief. My 10 year old son loves the big back seats.

Very nice electronic display, excellent stereo, phone app integration is really cool. Overall, its high tech and I am really enjoying the apps. When I say apps, I really mean apps. Really cool apps like automatically mapping the nearest gas stations and current gas prices, search and find capabilities like find me a starbucks and it quickly routes you, blue tooth with phone integration is excellent and intuitive and really easy to use.

I love to punch the gas and am used to fast, gas guzzling cars....what I want is 50 mpg and 0-60 in 3.9 seconds. But with gas prices in my California neighborhood at 4.35-4.65 a gallon, well I can adjust, lower my expectations, and just enjoy all of the cool features that the Prius has to offer.
By dj7u
on 06/20/12 00:58 AM (PDT)

Glad you made the switch. Just went from a 2007 Prius light green base to a 2012 Prius pearl white with dark gray interior and solar sunroof. Gas mileage is about 10-15 MPG better than 2004-2009 models. Having the Prius Five do you have the active cruise control?