2012 Toyota Prius Consumer Review: 2012 Prius III

2012 Toyota Prius Hatchback - Consumer Review

2012 Prius III
By stef6 on

2012 Toyota Prius Three 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This is my first Hybrid. The Prius is a comfortable good performing car for everyday driving. Two things to remember the Prius is neither a luxury car or a sports car. Once you drive it for a while the gas mileage will make you forget whatever other issues you have with the car.

Gas mileage. Style.

Upgrade interior materials. Better adjustment for the steering whell.
By dj7u
on 06/20/12 00:55 AM (PDT)

Glad you made the switch. Just went from a 2007 Prius light green base to a 2012 Prius pearl white with dark gray interioer and solar sunroof. Gas mileage is about 10-15 MPG better than 2004-2009 models.

By sles
on 04/07/13 18:26 PM (PDT)

I loved my 2008 Prius 2. Traded it in at 98,000 miles on a 2012 Prius III. Great mileage , but an absolutely bumpy ride, especially when accelerating or decelerating slowly in the 30 to 40 mph range. I brought it to dealer at about 6000 miles, who balanced front tires. No difference. At about 11,000 miles, Dealer discovered "cupped" tires on rear which were changed. He could not determine cause of the cupping. Still no difference in ride. Dealer said nothing was wrong that he could detect, but the ride is bumpy and loud on all kinds of roads. Even my young grandkids commented strongly on the cabin noise interfering with them hearing the radio in back seat. I was with them and agreed. I am so disappointed in this vehicle as I really loved my 2008 for the comfort And efficiency. Also, Have you experienced the distorted windshield view at lights and with lighted signs? Anybody else have bumpy ride? Still a Prius fan, but trying to figure out how to get ride problem corrected.