Used 2012 Toyota Prius Two Hatchback Consumer Reviews - 17 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Toyota Prius Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

2012 Toyota Prius Hatchback

View reviews for a specific Prius model:

Great bang for the buck!!! Love it
By Sheri Rosager

2012 Toyota Prius Hatchback Two 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

You can't beat the gas mileage and it's fun to drive.... Plus you can park it anywhere :)

Perfect car for everyone
By Keanerouillard@gmail.com

My mpg for everyday and every tank was 41mpg. This is combined over many miles. Short city runs get more. I got 50 mpg going to Indiana. On trip in city I got 61 mpg. I bought new and traded it with 73000 miles on it. I replaced tires at 62000 miles. I also need to replace the headlight bulbs once. I think it was year 2 I put bulbs in.
Great car. Comfortable quiet and it is peppy. If you are on the fence on buying one. Get off the fence and get it.
I bought 11-2012 just traded in on 4-2016

2012 Prius II - 3 year 51,000 mile review
By Colin

I purchased this car brand new in March 2013'. I have now driven it for 3 years and 51,000 miles. The Good: No mechanical problems, excellent gas mileage (I average 45 mpg overall), large cargo space with rear seats folded down (I can put my road bicycle in without taking the wheels off), inexpensive to maintain and seats 4 adults comfortably. The Bad: Noisy ride, plastic interior rattles, not good in snow on stock tires (I'll elaborate next sentence) and boring to drive (I knew it would be though because it's a Prius). I live in Pittsburgh which is hilly and gets lots of wet snowy days. I have stock tires and this car struggles to go up steep hills, slips a lot during acceleration/braking and traction control works funny. There is an odd procedure of pressing the brake pedal and turning the car on/off multiple times to temporarily disable the traction control but it is not something you can do in a tricky situation. It's nice to be able to turn traction control on and off because sometimes it makes driving in the snow harder. Overall this is a great car getting good gas mileage and its a great highway and city commuter. I plan to keep this car several more years despite some of the negative aspects.

Great Hybrid!
By Xou Yang

Great car for the money. Traded my 2013 Scion FRS in for Prius II. Looks great, decent interior, a lot of interior space, GREAT MPG, and thus far maintenance-free. Acceleration is decent. I mean, it's no sports car! I spend between $22-40 on gas every month. It saves me a ton of $$$$$! I have no regrets at all and totally recommend it.

I love the MPG on my Prius II. Saves me a lot of money.

Nice interior design but quality isn't there. But it doesn't bother me.

Carefree car ownership
By goodeyb

Traded my Jeep Wrangler for this Prius about 18 months ago...it is unbelievable how practical, reliable, and inexpensive this car is. Outstanding gas mileage, almost no maintenance, and much more space then one would think.

I am 6' 2" and have plenty of room. The seats fold down to give nearly as much cargo room as my old Grand Cherokee. The front, side, and curtain airbags are appreciated. If you are looking for a spacious, reliable, and inexpensive vehicle-it would have killed me to say this five years ago...but buy a Prius.

It's neither cool nor stylish.