2011 Toyota Prius Consumer Review: Too many little problems

2011 Toyota Prius - Consumer Review

Too many little problems
By beststart on

2011 Toyota Prius Five 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Bought a new standard 2011 Prius in 2011. was very happy with the dealer. Picked Prius cause 100% Japanese made. Gas milage is excellent, interior room is comfortable as known. The model that I bought; - Can't open the trunk from inside - Row down the windows will not wipe the fog away - Break pedal make squee sound when press - Radio display black out once in a while - The BIGGEST jok of all is the spoiler melted! Beware, don't park you car with plastic spoiler near a building that has reflection windows! Who knows??!! Was told by SF Region that this is not defect, I am hold half of the responsiblity. I wrote complaint to Toyota headquarter in Houston TX, will see what happen.

Favorite Features

one touch without holding the button, window row all the way down. Power mode, use it when I go up hill. Although make loud noise.

Suggested Improvements

Don't use any plastic to make exterior body, especially on the top. Use the one with extension sun shade on ALL models. when I move the shade to the side window (I need to do that EVERY morning and evening) I have to put my head forward so that I am in the shade.
By beststart
on 06/08/14 14:13 PM (PDT)

This is a follow up on the melted spoiler. After a TV station called them and advocated for me, Toyota finally willing to pay the full amount to replace it, $600+. Bottom line, other than save gas and roomy, disappointed with Japanese made, Prius performance.