2011 Toyota Prius Consumer Review: The most amazing car I have ev

2011 Toyota Prius - Consumer Review

One 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic)

The most amazing car I have ever owned!
By priuspapa on

2011 Toyota Prius One 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I bought the 2011 model II Prius this January and each day I love it a little more. Perhaps the on-board computer is a bit enthusiastic but I average between 53 and 56 MPG(!) The car attracts a LOT of attention because I'm constantly being quizzed by family, friends, and associates. In parking lots complete strangers are very curious and interested. My first test ride hooked me. The car has been manufactured for going on 10 years now and the build quality seems first rate. The Prius is quiet, smooth and very refined. Is it a "big little car" or a "little big car?" It's ingenius the way it accommodates 4 people or cargo.

Favorite Features

The Prius is soooo smoooooth it seems to simply pick up speed without shifting gears! The brakes are very strong and require a light touch. Steering is also very light and the car maneuvers easily in very tight conditions. I like the lighted digital display and the controls all fall easily to hand and make sense. It seats 4 adults in comfort and the hatchback opens wide to accommodate large items. Storage is amazing and very cleverly designed. When you mash the accelerator, the combination of electric motor and gasoline engine gets the Prius up to highway speed with deceptive quickness. I also love the keyless entry/ignition.

Suggested Improvements

There is very little I would change about this car because it is so beautifully designed and thought-out. Here are 2: 1) Many Prius owners gripe about the lack of rear-quarter and rear view restrictions. I was aware of this when I bought it and the owner just has to be very cautious when backing up. 2) The only feature I would definitely change is the reverse back-up beeper! The Prius is dangerous to pedestrians because it backs up normally with electric power and is SILENT! I've practically run over people because they are not aware my Prius is moving. TOYOTA NEEDS TO PUT THE BACK-UP BEEPER ON THE REAR EXTERIOR OF THE CAR TO WARN PEDESTRIANS! A flaw that needs immediate attention.
By luvtoyota10
on 11/21/11 17:22 PM (PST)

WOW!!!! I have a venza and I might get this as a second car.. have you had it in the snow? how is it in the snow?