2011 Toyota Prius 1.8L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic Consumer Review - I also hate this car

2011 Toyota Prius - Consumer Review

Two 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic)

I also hate this car
By mr_bender on

2011 Toyota Prius Two 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Leased it. It gets 45 MPG from the day One. As an EE I tell you there is no point in those batteries on this car. Any diesel engine can get you 45 MPG. Like VW Jetta does it or Civic. And the price is the same. I am glad I leased it. Just one more year... Quality is better than Camry 09 I use to have and only because my Prius made in Japan not in Kentucky. Bottom line: any car with 1.5L-1.8 L engine is better AND cheaper than Prius. The money you think you've saved is the money you paid for this car.

Favorite Features

Color I picked

Suggested Improvements

Better seats, Exterior design, MPG, Rear view window, battery performance, stereo does not connect iPhones correctly: no button to reset!!!!
By anthony94114
on 04/24/14 00:43 AM (PDT)

Out of curiosity, why are you GLAD you leased it? If you hate it, you're stuck for the contract term. If you'd bought, you could sell it today with no repercussion (and quite good resale). I never understand why people get into binding contracts (leases) and celebrate that it's easy to escape it.

By irnmdn
on 12/12/14 05:50 AM (PST)

Diesels will struggle to get 30mpg in city where Prius excels, on highways Diesel will fail to match Prius which run Gasoline which is at least 10% cheaper than Diesel. Onece you add VW scheduled and un-scheduled service costs to the equation you have no savings to speak off apart from German badge on the hood.