Owned nearly 2 yrs. +'s & -'s
By jamiedaniel on
2011 Toyota Prius Four 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)
It's a great car for what it is. I've put close to 40,000 miles on mine. Would I buy one again? Maybe. The car is noisy, and the Good Year tires are ill handling, and contribute to a lot of said noise. I just replaced mine with non LRR Michelin Primacys. The car rides much better and feels more secure on wet roads. My mileage only fell by 2-3mpg. I average anywhere from 38-45. No complaints there. I haven't had to have anything else done, aside from oil changes. Toyota recommends every 10,000. I'm not willing to go that long. I do between 4 and 6k with Toyota filters and Mobil 0W-20. I find it the cheapest at Wal Mart.
Favorite Features
I average about 300 miles a week. The mileage is my favorite thing about this car. The PWR button makes the throttle response so much better, even if the engine does sound like a food processor. I wish it they all came with the LED headlights and wheels found on the top of the line model. If mileage is all you're after, I think the best value would be a base model, unless you want a sunroof or the cool headlights and 17" wheels.
Suggested Improvements
Better handling and steering feel. Less noise, and better assembly of interior materials. I have a few rattles. It's a shame that the 2011's without nav do not have a USB port. I'm looking to replace my stereo because of this. The aux port is in an awkward place. At the price of this car ($28k), it's just bad.