My 1st Hybrid
By mpgboy on
2011 Toyota Prius Three 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)
Excellent build quality, but I was expecting that as a long time Toyota buyer. The Prius is comfortable, quiet at highway speeds and easy to drive. I commute 100 miles round trip every day. In the early morning, it is a highway drive, in the afternoon it is 1/2 bumper to bumper and 1/2 highway. This car does well in both. I am averaging 53mpgs after 3 tanks of gas. If I drive at 60mph on the highway, I can get 56mpgs. The car is very roomy with a large cargo area
Favorite Features
Love the mpg. The Bluetooth audio integration with the radio and Nav is wonderful. I never take my phone out of my pocket, not even to dial. I also like not having to take the key fob out to unlock and lock the car. The Navigation works as expected, the 2011 version speaks street names. The lane assist is also very helpful.
Suggested Improvements
I think Toyota should make back up cameras standard safety equipment in the Prius. The aerodynamic shape makes it hard to see when backing up. The only way to get the back up camera is to find one with Navigation. That adds $1900 to the price.