2011 Toyota Prius Consumer Review: A (Quiet) Joy to Drive

2011 Toyota Prius - Consumer Review

Two 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic)

A (Quiet) Joy to Drive
By upchurch80 on

2011 Toyota Prius Two 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Although I had read reviews suggesting the Prius was like driving a wet blanket (something that almost kept me from buying it), I've found myself looking forward to the chance to just get in and drive somewhere. My wife and I bought this car to take on long trips to replace our XTerra and as a commuter car for me. There's almost no road noise. In fact, when we first drove it, I mistook the fan for that because it is so quiet. The engine handles the steep hills in our area with no trouble. You may find the price a bit steep, but the more gas goes up, the better the deal the car is.

I love the layout of the controls and the in-dash screen. Everything I need is quick to find and adjust while driving. As I mentioned in the review, I'm blown away by how quiet the cabin is. There's a deceptively large amount of storage space in the consoles.

The driver's seat doesn't seem to adjust exactly like I'd want. No matter how I move it, I can't quite find the right position. But it's still comfortable.