10K and rolling! 30K Annualized.
By therealhboggs on
2011 Toyota Prius Two 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)
Overall 49 mpg. Oddly, the 48-51 EPA is backwards from my actual experience. I get around 45 in town and 52-56 on the road. Also, the onboard trip computer is approximately 5% high consistently. Otherwise, subtract 2mpg from the computer reading and you have the more correct mpg. Very comfortable on trips. Totally pleased with my car.
Favorite Features
Obviously fuel mpg. We've actually come to like the "odd" center console arrangement whereby there is a lower storage level. You don't see it and it makes everything look cleaner.
Suggested Improvements
To have so much glass, backing up does present limited view. Honestly, I have to look more in all three mirrors and be more focused. Possibly if we had a back-up camera, this problem would not exist. I would like to see the 25 mph maximum speed for battery operation increased. I believe the Hyundai and go to 40+. I think that there may be too much information on the two screens. I could use less information but larger number and letters for better reading. All windows, including the front window, should come standard with maximum tint due to sun/heat issues.
By jimmybirdie
on 01/12/12 10:08 AM (PST)

I have the same problem with my 2008 Prius. I have a Garmin GPS unit in the car and the speedometer of the car is consistently 2 mph faster than the GPS unit. I consider the GPS unit way more accurate. I checked this with my wife's Honda CRV and her car the speed is juiced up by 3 mph. I think car manufacturers intentionally do this so that the gas mileages is 2 to 3 mpg more than the actual mileage.