Used 2011 Toyota Prius Two Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Toyota Prius Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Prius model:

I also hate this car
By mr_bender

2011 Toyota Prius Hatchback Two 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Leased it. It gets 45 MPG from the day One. As an EE I tell you there is no point in those batteries on this car. Any diesel engine can get you 45 MPG. Like VW Jetta does it or Civic. And the price is the same. I am glad I leased it. Just one more year... Quality is better than Camry 09 I use to have and only because my Prius made in Japan not in Kentucky. Bottom line: any car with 1.5L-1.8 L engine is better AND cheaper than Prius. The money you think you've saved is the money you paid for this car.

Color I picked

Better seats, Exterior design, MPG, Rear view window, battery performance, stereo does not connect iPhones correctly: no button to reset!!!!

2011 Toyota Prius Two
By kadena

I purchased my Prius new. I have 31,000 miles on the car. I have changed the oil and oil filter three times. No repairs at all. It gets 50 mpg, sometimes a little more. The seats are comfortable. It is 100% made in Japan. I think this car is of the highest quality. It certainly is made for Chicago city driving and the outrageous gas prices here. I would buy another one just like it. No regrets whatsoever in the purchase of this car.

Skeptic but won over
By hillabeans

I purchased a new 2011 Prius as they were clearing them out for the new year and have had it for a few months now. Having gone from a 2000 Toyota Echo I am amazed that even having a fuel efficient car before, this one is phenomenal. I started to nerd out watching what powers what on the dashboard screen and naturally am becoming a smooth driver. With the smart key I never take my keys out. The car will beep at you often until you get used to it's 'logic'. The inside is not the most luxurious but I could only afford the minimal options. I am very proud to own this car.

Smooth performance, relatively easy to see all around you when driving, the Energy Monitor screen, controlling temperature / radio on your driving wheel, the sleek exterior

There needs to be at least some minimum luxury on the inside. The fabric of the seats is definitely flimsy. Having owned a Toyota before this fabric gets stains / discolored very quickly.

The most amazing car I have ever owned!
By priuspapa

I bought the 2011 model II Prius this January and each day I love it a little more. Perhaps the on-board computer is a bit enthusiastic but I average between 53 and 56 MPG(!) The car attracts a LOT of attention because I'm constantly being quizzed by family, friends, and associates. In parking lots complete strangers are very curious and interested. My first test ride hooked me. The car has been manufactured for going on 10 years now and the build quality seems first rate. The Prius is quiet, smooth and very refined. Is it a "big little car" or a "little big car?" It's ingenius the way it accommodates 4 people or cargo.

The Prius is soooo smoooooth it seems to simply pick up speed without shifting gears! The brakes are very strong and require a light touch. Steering is also very light and the car maneuvers easily in very tight conditions. I like the lighted digital display and the controls all fall easily to hand and make sense. It seats 4 adults in comfort and the hatchback opens wide to accommodate large items. Storage is amazing and very cleverly designed. When you mash the accelerator, the combination of electric motor and gasoline engine gets the Prius up to highway speed with deceptive quickness. I also love the keyless entry/ignition.

There is very little I would change about this car because it is so beautifully designed and thought-out. Here are 2: 1) Many Prius owners gripe about the lack of rear-quarter and rear view restrictions. I was aware of this when I bought it and the owner just has to be very cautious when backing up. 2) The only feature I would definitely change is the reverse back-up beeper! The Prius is dangerous to pedestrians because it backs up normally with electric power and is SILENT! I've practically run over people because they are not aware my Prius is moving. TOYOTA NEEDS TO PUT THE BACK-UP BEEPER ON THE REAR EXTERIOR OF THE CAR TO WARN PEDESTRIANS! A flaw that needs immediate attention.

10K and rolling! 30K Annualized.
By therealhboggs

Overall 49 mpg. Oddly, the 48-51 EPA is backwards from my actual experience. I get around 45 in town and 52-56 on the road. Also, the onboard trip computer is approximately 5% high consistently. Otherwise, subtract 2mpg from the computer reading and you have the more correct mpg. Very comfortable on trips. Totally pleased with my car.

Obviously fuel mpg. We've actually come to like the "odd" center console arrangement whereby there is a lower storage level. You don't see it and it makes everything look cleaner.

To have so much glass, backing up does present limited view. Honestly, I have to look more in all three mirrors and be more focused. Possibly if we had a back-up camera, this problem would not exist. I would like to see the 25 mph maximum speed for battery operation increased. I believe the Hyundai and go to 40+. I think that there may be too much information on the two screens. I could use less information but larger number and letters for better reading. All windows, including the front window, should come standard with maximum tint due to sun/heat issues.