Used 2011 Toyota Prius Five Consumer Reviews - 4 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Toyota Prius - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Prius model:

Best car I have ever owned!
By Noel Newby

2011 Prius Level 5 with all the electronics
By Ranger Rick

2011 Toyota Prius Five 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This vehicle is excellent overall. The ride is good and the noise level is good (not as good as the Lexus RX 350 but still good for its class.). Gas mileage is about 44 to 45 most of the time in the Florida traffic. The level 5 in Barcelona red and the level 5 wheels make an excellent package. I would buy this vehicle again. The new Prius is not nearly as good looking as the old body style. I have not had any trouble at all with the mechanics, and the vehicle has only been in for 3 oil changes, one every 10K. The oil is synthetic and cost about 60.00 bucks each time at the dealership. I think besides that I replaced the air conditioner filter also on the dealers recommendations. I just purchased a new set of Michelin All Season tires at 30000 miles. The headlights (led I think) on this vehicle are excellent. They were just rated best of all vehicles. They are bright white at night and really light up the road. Toyota / Lexus make fine vehicles with excellent reliability.

Too many little problems
By beststart

2011 Toyota Prius Five 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Bought a new standard 2011 Prius in 2011.
was very happy with the dealer. Picked Prius cause 100% Japanese made.
Gas milage is excellent, interior room is comfortable as known.
The model that I bought;
- Can't open the trunk from inside
- Row down the windows will not wipe the fog away
- Break pedal make squee sound when press
- Radio display black out once in a while
- The BIGGEST jok of all is the spoiler melted! Beware, don't park you car with plastic spoiler near a building that has reflection windows! Who knows??!!
Was told by SF Region that this is not defect, I am hold half of the responsiblity.
I wrote complaint to Toyota headquarter in Houston TX, will see what happen.

one touch without holding the button, window row all the way down. Power mode, use it when I go up hill. Although make loud noise.

Don't use any plastic to make exterior body, especially on the top. Use the one with extension sun shade on ALL models. when I move the shade to the side window (I need to do that EVERY morning and evening) I have to put my head forward so that I am in the shade.

WOW!!!
By tomhocutt712

Just got into a prius 5.
I was a honda person for many years up until recently whle dealign with quality issues that I just could not work through.
I wa considering a Mazda5 but gas prices suddenly jumped up and this became the more responisble purchase.
It's smaller than I'm used to but it wil get the job done.

seats-comfortable. ability to integrate iphone to radio, garage door opener. Don't hagfve3 that workign but I tihnk this is due to operator error.

I can't tihkn of any.