2011 Toyota Prius - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Prius model:
Owned nearly 2 yrs. +'s & -'s
By jamiedaniel on 02/08/13 09:29 AM (PST)

2011 Toyota Prius Four 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

It's a great car for what it is. I've put close to 40,000 miles on mine. Would I buy one again? Maybe. The car is noisy, and the Good Year tires are ill handling, and contribute to a lot of said noise. I just replaced mine with non LRR Michelin Primacys. The car rides much better and feels more secure on wet roads. My mileage only fell by 2-3mpg. I average anywhere from 38-45. No complaints there. I haven't had to have anything else done, aside from oil changes. Toyota recommends every 10,000. I'm not willing to go that long. I do between 4 and 6k with Toyota filters and Mobil 0W-20. I find it the cheapest at Wal Mart.

I hate this car
By mak73 on 05/06/12 14:34 PM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Prius Four 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We just recently bought a Prius and it is awful. I hate it!!! The reason we bought the car was for the good gas milage which is not 51mpg, it is closer to 44-45mpg. The car is boring is it miserable to drive. the design is terrible, it is a eyesore to look at and everything feels cheaply made. The back window is the worst design, the cross bar is directly in my line of vision so I cant see out the back window. Also because it so boring to drive ill turn on the radio for entertainment just to find out the radio is terrible quality. One last thing i hate about the prius is that there is no speedometer of rpm gage, it has a little screen that tells you the speed.

Great MPG bad build quality
By qqqquae on 02/13/12 17:47 PM (PST)

2011 Toyota Prius Four 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Now with 5000 miles on my Prius it has been in the shop more than our old Audi. This is all due in part to a nasty dash rattle that started after the first 750 miles. The dealer is perplexed, they cant fix it. Engineers from Toyota have been flown in and they cant fix it. Nobody understands the constant noises it makes. Toyota has offered no option for buyback and shunned the idea when I proposed it. I know its an economy car but this rattle is just poor build quality. The navigation system incorrectly locates my position in the city. I have to stop the car and turn it off to reboot the system. The car averages 49-54 mpg's constantly. The paint is flawless and the best Ive seen.

Fun to drive frugally
By hoehandle on 05/01/11 15:08 PM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Prius Four 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We traded our 03 Lexus 300 for this new 2011 Prius IV on 2/12/11. I carefilly compared fuel used and miles driven on the first 3 gas fill-ups and found the trip meter indicated about 2 mpg more then it should be. Average milage was 48 MPG during the cold temps and engine break-in. Now we have over 4,000 miles on it and we consistently get over 50 mpg. On a recent short trip of 71 miles, our Prius showed 59.3 MPG. This was driving with other traffic and not upsetting other drivers by trying to be thrifty. I did learn how to increase the MPG from various blogs and related websites. It is not a Lexus but suprisingly my wife and I forget the difference while driving this vehicle. Very pleased!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Toyota Prius in VA is:

$112 per month*