2011 Toyota Prius - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Prius model:
I also hate this car
By mr_bender on 03/06/14 15:23 PM (PST)

2011 Toyota Prius Two 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Leased it. It gets 45 MPG from the day One. As an EE I tell you there is no point in those batteries on this car. Any diesel engine can get you 45 MPG. Like VW Jetta does it or Civic. And the price is the same. I am glad I leased it. Just one more year... Quality is better than Camry 09 I use to have and only because my Prius made in Japan not in Kentucky. Bottom line: any car with 1.5L-1.8 L engine is better AND cheaper than Prius. The money you think you've saved is the money you paid for this car.

2011 Toyota Prius Two
By kadena on 06/18/13 19:51 PM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Prius Two 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I purchased my Prius new. I have 31,000 miles on the car. I have changed the oil and oil filter three times. No repairs at all. It gets 50 mpg, sometimes a little more. The seats are comfortable. It is 100% made in Japan. I think this car is of the highest quality. It certainly is made for Chicago city driving and the outrageous gas prices here. I would buy another one just like it. No regrets whatsoever in the purchase of this car.

Skeptic but won over
By hillabeans on 04/18/12 10:08 AM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Prius Two 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I purchased a new 2011 Prius as they were clearing them out for the new year and have had it for a few months now. Having gone from a 2000 Toyota Echo I am amazed that even having a fuel efficient car before, this one is phenomenal. I started to nerd out watching what powers what on the dashboard screen and naturally am becoming a smooth driver. With the smart key I never take my keys out. The car will beep at you often until you get used to it's 'logic'. The inside is not the most luxurious but I could only afford the minimal options. I am very proud to own this car.

The most amazing car I have ever owned!
By priuspapa on 09/29/11 14:02 PM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Prius Two 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I bought the 2011 model II Prius this January and each day I love it a little more. Perhaps the on-board computer is a bit enthusiastic but I average between 53 and 56 MPG(!) The car attracts a LOT of attention because I'm constantly being quizzed by family, friends, and associates. In parking lots complete strangers are very curious and interested. My first test ride hooked me. The car has been manufactured for going on 10 years now and the build quality seems first rate. The Prius is quiet, smooth and very refined. Is it a "big little car" or a "little big car?" It's ingenius the way it accommodates 4 people or cargo.

10K and rolling! 30K Annualized.
By therealhboggs on 09/19/11 21:48 PM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Prius Two 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Overall 49 mpg. Oddly, the 48-51 EPA is backwards from my actual experience. I get around 45 in town and 52-56 on the road. Also, the onboard trip computer is approximately 5% high consistently. Otherwise, subtract 2mpg from the computer reading and you have the more correct mpg. Very comfortable on trips. Totally pleased with my car.

3 Options That You Will learn To Love...
By mcribs on 09/07/11 08:03 AM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Prius Two 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Eco , EV & Pwr... Having owned a 09 Prius before we purchased the new 11 model I really like the 3 driving modes offered in the current offering. The older Prius offered great MPG and was confortable but you had to live with the girl you brought to the dance...No longer. All 3 driving modes serve a purpose and heres how I use them: PWR- Sitting at a light and really need that extra umph? PWR mode makes the dash info bar light up and will suprise you (and the car next to you) as you are launched forward with full battery/gas power with very little peddle effort...One of the features I like the MOST about the new Prius. EV- Parking lots? Low speed situations A+ Eco- Max MPG Period 50+

Best hatchback on the market.
By gregprius on 08/20/11 17:11 PM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Prius Two 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This is by far the best car of it's type on the market. It has a great ride, great handling, lots of room and helps reduce polution. Why would anyone pay the same amount of money and get a car with far less milage? Adds that say a non hybreed gets 40 MPG are lying. Real world drving milage is way less for a non hybreed. The Prius gets great milage even around town!

does what it says it can do
By greencar2 on 03/20/11 04:52 AM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Prius Two 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Vehicle was purchased mainly for fuel economy given my long daily commute. Delivered 48 mgp as measured at the pump on first tank. Driving style and accessory use make a significant diffrence in mpg. I was driving moderately with minimal use of heat, AC or lights. Toyota has listened to various on line postings and seems to have corrected every minor thing that was wrong with the 2010 model. Brakes work perfectly with no lag when going over bumps or pot holes in road. There is no delay as many had claimed for 2010 version. The radio gets good reception in all bands now. Glad I waited for 2011, I never purchase a new model the first year of launch.

Love it!
By ed60 on 03/16/11 15:13 PM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Prius Two 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Have had my Prius for one week.Took awhile to get used to, coming from an "09 Pontiac. Fun to drive, almost no road noise, very comfortable seats. More room than I expected and the standard sound system is quite good.

lowest cost of ownership vehicle for me
By greencar2 on 03/16/11 12:42 PM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Prius Two 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Purchase was purely a economic decision for me without much emotion. Extensive economic analysis with detailed spreadsheets yielded the Prius II as the most economic choice for my 70 mile daily commute consisting of 60% city 40% highway. Factored in were resale values which indicate lower depreciation than reported for Gen 3, significant improvements in reliability over 2010 model and long term increase in gasoline price at 10% / year. Also in consideration was the 10 year battery performance check done by Consumer Reports which indicated the NiMH battery showed no measurable degradation in 10 years and 200K. I think newer Li battery technology will take several years to mature and match

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Toyota Prius in WA is:

$138 per month*