Used 2011 Toyota Prius One Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Toyota Prius - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Prius model:

Honest Prius Review
By Ed Moore

2011 Toyota Prius One 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Looking for an adequate commuter vehicle with great gas mileage, this is the car for you.

I love my Prius!
By Rob garfield

2011 Toyota Prius One 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I leased my Prius new in 2011. I really loved the car. The gas mileage is great of course but so is the overall design. The radio, the interior, the electronics, the acceleration and quality. The only real complaint I have besides being run off the road on a regular basis would be the seat covering. I cannot understand why Toyota used a white crushed velour material to cover the interior with. I think I stained it on day two. Otherwise the car is a real feat of engineering. I put almost 50,000 miles on it without so much as a hiccup. Regular oil changes and routine maintenance was all it required. With the rear seats down I find the car can haul a great deal of things. I have had a hundred feet of 10' long conduit ( protect the dashboard!) I have had several hundred pounds of raw materials and other construction equipment in it without a problem. It's pretty comfortable on a long haul as well. Now that my lease is up, I will buy one.

The only problem is...
By priusracer

2011 Toyota Prius One 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have absolutely no regrets, however, I would have caught major flak from my peers were I still a Special Agent with the DEwho? I catch enough of it, now. Why? The reputation of the Prius, of course. I, myself, used to deride the car - who would name a car after a serious prostate condition (priapism)? Actually, I do have one regret - I cannot go off-road like I did in my Jeeps!

Fuel mileage, of course! The CVT is my favorite, though.

This is for ALL Toyotas - it would be AWESOME if the environmental system allowed internal recycle for the defroster - I often get stuck behind belching diesels in the winter - who wants to suck that in?

Prius V
By wil7

2011 Toyota Prius One 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Excellent vechicle, gas mileage is better than rating. Only negative is the back up video system, slow to come on, then part of the screen is blacked out to tell you what radio station you are tuned in to, location is by the radio, so you do not even look at it, since you look in the mirror when backing up.

Gas mileage is excellent.

Back up video system.

best car ever
By djennnings

2011 Toyota Prius One 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have always driven a truck or SUV, so I was a little afraid to get a car. With the gas prices so high now, I wanted to get something that was good on gas, and still had plenty of leg room. The Toyota Prius is the best choice. This car is super. It has plenty of room in it, so you do not get the feeling like you are driving a compact car, the gas mileage is unbelievable, and the price is outstanding. This is my first Toyota and I am very pleased. If you are looking for a smooth riding car with lots of room, an excellent price and gets great gas mileage, then the Toyota Prius is the way to go.

The 50 plus gas mileage is awesome!

• SUV