Used 2011 Toyota Prius Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Toyota Prius - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Prius model:

Seriously poor interior - rattling gets much worse in winter - Overall "OK"
By vvasireddy9

Title explains mostly..

MPG Efficient Braking Roomy Exterior Style

Rattling sounds from interior plastics Smoother ride speed sensing volume

The only problem is...
By priusracer

2011 Toyota Prius One 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have absolutely no regrets, however, I would have caught major flak from my peers were I still a Special Agent with the DEwho? I catch enough of it, now. Why? The reputation of the Prius, of course. I, myself, used to deride the car - who would name a car after a serious prostate condition (priapism)? Actually, I do have one regret - I cannot go off-road like I did in my Jeeps!

Fuel mileage, of course! The CVT is my favorite, though.

This is for ALL Toyotas - it would be AWESOME if the environmental system allowed internal recycle for the defroster - I often get stuck behind belching diesels in the winter - who wants to suck that in?

Awful road noise makes otherwise good car unbearable
By gregarious988

2011 Toyota Prius Three 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Yes, claims of 50+ mpg are true. In summer in Wisconsin I find myself getting 49 to 54mpg with each fill up without trying. The car is also functionally practical and the rear hatch is nice. All of this is countered by the fact that this car does seemingly nothing to insulate/dampen road noise. Quite literally, you will hear your tires going over ever pebble composing the blacktop pavement underneath you. In the 1998 Civic I used to drive, road noise was very noticeable above 55 mph. In the Prius, it is noticeable quite literally at 15mph and above. Trips of 1 hour or more at 55mph+ on anything but a freshly paved blacktop road will leave you feeling partially deaf.

Hatchback design, fuel mileage.

Additional sound insulation. I am now left deciding whether to shoulder the expense to have this done myself or whether to trade for a quieter car. This vehicle quite literally demands earplugs when driving at highway speeds in its present condition. This is with relatively new tires. The high design of the front center console also seems to waste a ton of space and cut down on legroom.

worth every penny
By chetmet

2011 Toyota Prius Three 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We purchased a Prius C back in 2013 and was VERY surprised. It tells you how many MPG you are getting and how much you spent... when you fill up it will ask you how much you paid per gallon and all you do is punch it in. I tested the accuracy after the end of the day and much to my surprise it was dead on or less. We get 55 to 67 MPG unless it is raining, windy or you drive too fast then it 45-47 MPG but I don't need to drive 70 MPH Because of how happy I was with the Prius C I went out and purchased a Prius III and it is sweet! Much bigger lots of room, leather, fully loaded, 8 speaker sound system, etc. but I only get 50-55 MPG. It is very quiet in the city and highway. No regrets

I love the keyless feature, the heated seats, sound system, leather, multiple plug ins for phone and tablet-laptop.

More battery time for short distances

I also hate this car
By mr_bender

2011 Toyota Prius Two 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Leased it. It gets 45 MPG from the day One. As an EE I tell you there is no point in those batteries on this car. Any diesel engine can get you 45 MPG. Like VW Jetta does it or Civic. And the price is the same. I am glad I leased it. Just one more year... Quality is better than Camry 09 I use to have and only because my Prius made in Japan not in Kentucky. Bottom line: any car with 1.5L-1.8 L engine is better AND cheaper than Prius. The money you think you've saved is the money you paid for this car.

Color I picked

Better seats, Exterior design, MPG, Rear view window, battery performance, stereo does not connect iPhones correctly: no button to reset!!!!