2011 Toyota Prius - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Prius model:
The only problem is...
By priusracer on 09/30/14 17:24 PM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Prius One 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I have absolutely no regrets, however, I would have caught major flak from my peers were I still a Special Agent with the DEwho? I catch enough of it, now. Why? The reputation of the Prius, of course. I, myself, used to deride the car - who would name a car after a serious prostate condition (priapism)? Actually, I do have one regret - I cannot go off-road like I did in my Jeeps!

Awful road noise makes otherwise good car unbearable
By gregarious988 on 07/10/14 15:49 PM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Prius Three 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Yes, claims of 50+ mpg are true. In summer in Wisconsin I find myself getting 49 to 54mpg with each fill up without trying. The car is also functionally practical and the rear hatch is nice. All of this is countered by the fact that this car does seemingly nothing to insulate/dampen road noise. Quite literally, you will hear your tires going over ever pebble composing the blacktop pavement underneath you. In the 1998 Civic I used to drive, road noise was very noticeable above 55 mph. In the Prius, it is noticeable quite literally at 15mph and above. Trips of 1 hour or more at 55mph+ on anything but a freshly paved blacktop road will leave you feeling partially deaf.

worth every penny
By chetmet on 04/13/14 10:45 AM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Prius Three 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We purchased a Prius C back in 2013 and was VERY surprised. It tells you how many MPG you are getting and how much you spent... when you fill up it will ask you how much you paid per gallon and all you do is punch it in. I tested the accuracy after the end of the day and much to my surprise it was dead on or less. We get 55 to 67 MPG unless it is raining, windy or you drive too fast then it 45-47 MPG but I don't need to drive 70 MPH Because of how happy I was with the Prius C I went out and purchased a Prius III and it is sweet! Much bigger lots of room, leather, fully loaded, 8 speaker sound system, etc. but I only get 50-55 MPG. It is very quiet in the city and highway. No regrets

I also hate this car
By mr_bender on 03/06/14 15:23 PM (PST)

2011 Toyota Prius Two 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Leased it. It gets 45 MPG from the day One. As an EE I tell you there is no point in those batteries on this car. Any diesel engine can get you 45 MPG. Like VW Jetta does it or Civic. And the price is the same. I am glad I leased it. Just one more year... Quality is better than Camry 09 I use to have and only because my Prius made in Japan not in Kentucky. Bottom line: any car with 1.5L-1.8 L engine is better AND cheaper than Prius. The money you think you've saved is the money you paid for this car.

2011 Toyota Prius Two
By kadena on 06/18/13 19:51 PM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Prius Two 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I purchased my Prius new. I have 31,000 miles on the car. I have changed the oil and oil filter three times. No repairs at all. It gets 50 mpg, sometimes a little more. The seats are comfortable. It is 100% made in Japan. I think this car is of the highest quality. It certainly is made for Chicago city driving and the outrageous gas prices here. I would buy another one just like it. No regrets whatsoever in the purchase of this car.

Too many little problems
By beststart on 04/20/13 09:42 AM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Prius Five 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Bought a new standard 2011 Prius in 2011. was very happy with the dealer. Picked Prius cause 100% Japanese made. Gas milage is excellent, interior room is comfortable as known. The model that I bought; - Can't open the trunk from inside - Row down the windows will not wipe the fog away - Break pedal make squee sound when press - Radio display black out once in a while - The BIGGEST jok of all is the spoiler melted! Beware, don't park you car with plastic spoiler near a building that has reflection windows! Who knows??!! Was told by SF Region that this is not defect, I am hold half of the responsiblity. I wrote complaint to Toyota headquarter in Houston TX, will see what happen.

Not Without Compromises
By wcascrs on 03/19/13 18:58 PM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Prius Three 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I like the car because it's very easy to use with its Smart Key entry and Push Button Start. I also like the way the hybrid system works and sure don't mind the 50 MPG combined. But power and handling are lacking and it lets road noise right on in. Climbing steep hills around here gets the gas engine pretty worked up, and it lets you know it too, right into the cabin with the road nose. It has a torsion beam rear suspension and goes around corners ok, but it has a fair amount of body roll doing so and gets a little unsettled over bumps. it seat four really well, five adults not so much.

Awesome car, if you like rattles
By waterweb1 on 03/10/13 12:54 PM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Prius Three 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I love my Prius for many reasons, The back seat has a ton of room, I get between 40 -46 MPG depdning on weather and it is a really fun car to drive in. I call it my "space ship car". The downside is the rattles! I know it is not a luxury car but i think that Toyota can do a much better job preventing these rattles. I am not sure I would have bought this car if I had known about this issue. It does NOT get 48 mpg either. It gets about 40 in wet and up to 46 in dry weather. That is city/mixed driving in rush hour traffic. I think the dash board lay out can use some improvement as well. After driving for a couple of years, I still find myself searching for buttons

Owned nearly 2 yrs. +'s & -'s
By jamiedaniel on 02/08/13 09:29 AM (PST)

2011 Toyota Prius Four 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

It's a great car for what it is. I've put close to 40,000 miles on mine. Would I buy one again? Maybe. The car is noisy, and the Good Year tires are ill handling, and contribute to a lot of said noise. I just replaced mine with non LRR Michelin Primacys. The car rides much better and feels more secure on wet roads. My mileage only fell by 2-3mpg. I average anywhere from 38-45. No complaints there. I haven't had to have anything else done, aside from oil changes. Toyota recommends every 10,000. I'm not willing to go that long. I do between 4 and 6k with Toyota filters and Mobil 0W-20. I find it the cheapest at Wal Mart.

Prius V
By wil7 on 09/21/12 10:00 AM (PDT)

2011 Toyota Prius One 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Excellent vechicle, gas mileage is better than rating. Only negative is the back up video system, slow to come on, then part of the screen is blacked out to tell you what radio station you are tuned in to, location is by the radio, so you do not even look at it, since you look in the mirror when backing up.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Toyota Prius in VA is:

$112 per month*