Very pleased with my Prius V
By peter_peter on
2010 Toyota Prius V 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)
Overall, I am very pleased. Looked for months at many different cars (sedans) from BMW's to Acuras to MBZ but the Toyota Prius always stood on my list of options. Averaging between 48-51 mpg, half street and freeways. Perfect commuter car, I fill up my gas tank and spend almost half as compared to my wife's Civic. Nothing wrong with the Civic, but this Toyota has everything. Fully loaded with everything from navi, Bluetooth, leather, cold AC, 17 inch wheels, key-less go and the list goes on. The car does turn on and off when the engine is not needed,nothing major but not something I expected, no big deal. Highly recommend this car to someone who wants something different and gets great mpg.
Favorite Features
Got to love the HIGH MPG'S, let's start there. Took it from LA to Vegas to Utah and back with 2 adults with luggage using the AC and got about 45 MPG. On my daily commute I am back to par at 49 MPG and growing. Love the handsfree phone system, links my contacts to the screen, rides pretty smooth and quite. Another great feature I'd say would be the display that shows you how your foot is applying the accelerator, it allows you to see where you can achieve the best mpg's.
Suggested Improvements
I'd say an area of improvement would be the acceleration. Currently, if I need a little extra juice I have to hit the power button and it responds nicely. But other than that no complaints.