Great Car with Caliper lower Pins noise
By Steve Cook on
2010 Toyota Prius V 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)
This is our second Prius. We purchased a 2007 new and have loved it with no problems. My experience so far with the 2010 Prius is that it is an improvement in almost every way over the 2007. One problem arose after a 1000 miles or so. The lower pins in the front rotors rattle loudly when I go over certain bumps, ruts, manhole cover dips etc of which there are many in our area. Our dealers service dept says that this is a known problem with the 2010, with no current solution. I have taken to driving with my window up so I don't hear the noise. Our Service Manager says that Toyota is aware and working on a solution.
Favorite Features
Increased size, power, handling. I also like the LED Headlights and adjustable drivers seat feature. The dash layout is great and I appreciate the power setting for passing or freeway entrance.
Suggested Improvements
Manufacture effective replacement front rotors in which the lower pins do not rattle when driving over some bumps, ruts, manhole cover dips etc. I like the drive all electric option. It would be great if that time and speed could be extended.