2010 Toyota Prius 1.8L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic Consumer Review - Great Car but.....

2010 Toyota Prius - Consumer Review

II 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4-cyl. Hybrid CVT Automatic)

Great Car but.....
By Steve Cebu on

2010 Toyota Prius II 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I Love the car! I think it's the best Prius so far. I opted out of the 2009 Prius because of the bladder fuel tank problems and lack of power. The only problem I have with this car is I can't drive it! For some reason the seat presses on my back in a way which causes me back pain. I only discovered this after buying the car. The seats felt good at first but long term driving over 3 hours caused my back to act up and I got a pinched nerve. So really try it before you buy it, if you have a bad back like I do. Other than that the car is amazing I really like almost everything about it. Sadly I will be selling mine because of the seat problems. Toyota had no suggestions.

Favorite Features

The Power and ECO modes, the exterior design is sleek. It's quiet and has smooth but great power delivery. The dash mounted screens really work well. My wife likes the arch since her pocketbook fits under it perfectly. It's really a great car in so many ways.

Suggested Improvements

Some of us have bad backs, Toyota needs to make more supportive seats. Make it an option, but please make it. Soft seats are not supportive enough. The 3.8 turns to lock steering ratio is also a bit much. The Model V has 2.5 turns to lock. Put that in all models. Put 3 door SKS back on all models!